A 1967 Corvette Roadster Gasser?

Started by Go4fun, January 29, 2013, 11:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 20, 2013, 06:19:56 PM
Ya I like the bottom one better, but it still doesn't really look late '60s era. The pig itself does tho ! It should look more like script, as in writing, with a shadowing effect no ?

Is this closer Captain Canada? I don't have cursive script on my computer programs.

"Just which planet are you from again"?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

So I decided to test fit the engine to see where the mounts and such needed to be. I was thinking of setting it lower but as I remember they mounted the engines high to get that weight shifting back to the rear wheels for traction. Besides, I like the thought of the scoop and/or injectors/carburetors sticking above the hood. It looks cool!  ;D

Go4fun

Gee I think there may be a hood interference problem with just the blower on the engine without belts, carburetor(s) or scoop.

How to deal with that on a fiberglass hood?  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

Gee PR19_Kit, ya thunk so?  :rolleyes:

So this was my primary attack on the problem. The plastic shall fly! :wacko:

Go4fun

There was no way the new scoop lined up with the stock scoop and I wanted to just extend the look of the stock part. So here... we... go...!

I split the scoop and took a section from the middle length ways. then I cut an oversize piece of styrene sheet to fit on top. I'll cut, file and sand that down so I can blend it into the sides. Then I will have to open the top of the stock scoop so I can start shaping it all to one smooth piece.

Captain Canada

Nice. Always been one of my pet peeves on 1:1 cars....a big scoop that covers a whole lotta nothin'

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 01, 2013, 04:41:15 PM
Nice. Always been one of my pet peeves on 1:1 cars....a big scoop that covers a whole lotta nothin'

:cheers:
No doubt. It's like the guys that put duel exhausts on their car then jacked the timing up so it sounded like they had a 'big cam' on weekend nights on the boulevard cruises. All show, no go.

Go4fun

Well CC as the photos will prove the hood scoop will actually be covering something worth seeing.  ;) As you can see when the carb is placed on top of the 'blower' I might have to move the engine down to get clearance Clarence.  ;D
I'm slowly piecing this together with sheet plastic and might end up using the kit scoop I added as nothing but a frame for the outer scoop.

Captain Canada

A buddy of mine had a 454 with a tunnel ram and a pair of double pumpers when he ran it hot, with a big hood scoop. Looked awesome. But since she was also a daily driver, more often than not she had a stock profile Edelbrock and a single Holley, a guy my size could almost camp under the scoop !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

I want to try, really try. to keep the scoop from looking rediculously huge or tacked on. I always liked scoops that people had to look at a couple of times wondering "Is that factory"?  :wacko:

Go4fun

I haven'tgave up on this even tho I have three active projects working with another on hold.
But who wants to watch a video of PSR going on over and over?  :blink: Well, maybe if I shot it slo-mo and then played it at 5 times the normal speed it could be entertaining...
FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS!  ;D :o :unsure: :angry:

pyro-manic

This is certainly shaping up to be a bit of a monster!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Go4fun

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 13, 2013, 04:26:00 PM
This is certainly shaping up to be a bit of a monster!
You said a mouthful there pyro! The more I mock up to get things to fit 'The Look' I want the farther 'South' the engine moves. That makes it move down to clear the firewall which movers the carburetor(s) farther down from the scoop.
And so it goes!