Tight Hot German in the Sun

Started by Aircav, January 29, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Cliffy B

Nice!!!!  Got to see one close-up at an airshow last year.  Words can not describe it!  My favorite jet ever and I count myself very fortunate to have had a chance to see one close-up.  The sound...... :wub: :wub: :wub:  You have to see it in real life to appreciate the sound.  If you think Hornets are loud  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

rickshaw

Why didn't they ever develop a cleaner burning version of the J79?  That thing looks like it's on fire!  :blink:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Go4fun

rickshaw: "Why didn't they ever develop a cleaner burning version of the J79?  That thing looks like it's on fire!   :blink:"

It looked like he was spray for mosquitos in some of those passes!  :o And it is when the fire goes out you get worried!  ;D

Cliffy B "Nice!!!!  Got to see one close-up at an airshow last year.  Words can not describe it!  My favorite jet ever and I count myself very fortunate to have had a chance to see one close-up.  The sound......   :wub: :wub: :wub:   You have to see it in real life to appreciate the sound.  If you think Hornets are loud   ;D"

As loud as a Harrier in a vertical decent? :blink:  I loved that but then I remember... I have hearing aides now! :angry: "Youth is wasted on the young and they do it so well"! George Burns (I think).
"Just which planet are you from again"?

dumaniac

nice footage - beaut to see the relatively new juxta posed over the very old

JayBee

Quote from: rickshaw on January 31, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
Why didn't they ever develop a cleaner burning version of the J79?  That thing looks like it's on fire!  :blink:

They did in a manner of speaking. One of the design requirements for the F-15 was an engine that gave almost no smoke, unlike the J-79, to make the aircraft harder to see with the naked eye.
Thus was born the P&W F100.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TallEng

That thing looks like it's on fire!  :blink:

It wasn't called the Air Defence Diesel for nothing you know  ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Weaver

Sweet footage - cheers! :thumbsup:

Noise-wise, it's hard to beat two Lightnings doing an opposed pass down the Woodford runway then going straight up in full 'burner at the ends.... :blink: It's the kind of noise that goes right through every definition of "loud" you can think of and out the other side, still accelerating. You don't so much hear it as feel it with your whole body.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Have fond memories of a Hawaian ANG F.4 giving Wakiki Beach holiday makers a early morning wake up call  ;D Flew along the tide line at about 100 ft and at full blast. I was standing with the pilots wife and 5 year old. Pilot was a good friend and as a USAF Col was just keeping his hand in whilst on hols and decided to give his daughter a treat  ;D The evening editions of the Honolulu Advertiser were interesting  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice ! That would have been an awesome display. And that sight you saw would have been awesome Chris ! I love the old F-4...really hope to see one at a show this summer.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I was on a hilltop helping to control airstrikes on the range one day when I saw an ANG F-4D coming straight at us. All I saw was the black nose getting bigger and bigger. Almost took the antenna off the jeep. Louder than you could ever imagine. Took 5 minutes for the army guys watching us to crawl out from under their truck!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ChernayaAkula

They're slated to go out of service this year! 

Have a look at the first five minutes or so of this documentary (LINK) for some really beautiful A2A footage of German Phantoms.

They did, but the Luftwaffe didn't adopt it. Apparently only a rather simple upgrade (some electronic components, resulting in higher burn temperatures), it has the side effect of a reduced engine life. The Luftwaffe probably felt it wasn't worth the cost. See the last paragraph of page 49 of THIS ARTICLE.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

That reminds me of childhood holidays at the North Sea, when the low flying limits had not been so strict. I remember an F-104 passing the beach at really low altitude, and F-4's passing the coast line in just 1km distance. Those were the days...

Rheged

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 12, 2013, 03:13:27 AM
That reminds me of childhood holidays at the North Sea, when the low flying limits had not been so strict. I remember an F-104 passing the beach at really low altitude, and F-4's passing the coast line in just 1km distance. Those were the days...

...........and on the beach at Crail, in Fife,  when the Leuchars  Lightings had come out to play. Eastwards along the beach line and then vertical with everything lit directly above the North Carr  lightship..
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

....and while working on the world's largest wave-maker at Vollenhove in Holland when the RNLAF F-104Gs used to howl across heading for the north end of the Zuider Zee at Vmax! We were below sea level by quite a bit there so I guess their altimeters were reading zero!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit