Revell 1/32nd Lynx

Started by Radish, January 31, 2013, 09:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Has anyone built one?

I should imagine there's a few been bought, but anyone built one yet?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Hi Terry,
Paul, think you've met him, one of our club members has built one and the only problem he had with it was the special Lynx transfers for the fancy German version, said they are a little on the large side and once the touch the model the tend to stay there but other than that no problems.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

Must be a huge beast ! Does it have the fancy RN Lynx decals as well ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

Hi Toadie, there's two versions out at the mo' the german version with is about £20 or less and the Royal Navy vesion which is about £25 or less.
The German vesion comes with two colour variants, one has the markings for the yellow/orange lynx over a dark blue fuselage and the other the standard markings, while the RN version comes with the Black Cat diaplay team transfers as well as the HMS Endurance vesion in the grey and red.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

paulkirsopp

Hi Terry.
As Steve said, I built mine as the German Lynx.  I found very few problems other than the size of it.
Use the supplied cut out paint masks and you'll have the paint demarcation spot on.
Now the bad news.  I found the decals a real problem.  I've built quite a few recent Revell kits with no trouble from the decals, now either I've done something wrong (I don't think I did) or maybe I had a duff sheet but the decals tended to 'grab' at the model and stretch very easily so be sure you have them in the right place first time. If I were to do another I would give serious thought to cutting all the stripes out and applying them one at a time, very time consuming but I think you'd get a much better result.
Other than that I can and will recommend the kit to anyone with a few models behind them, it's a shame there's no option to fold the main rotor and the tail.
Paul K.