Beagle Bassett-Now only doing Mach .3 update

Started by Captain Canada, February 02, 2013, 09:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Another kit I'm not sure when/where I got...or when I started it, or what I was going to do with it.....anyway, she's back on the bench ( or kitchen table, as it is today )
I seem to recall using it for a squadron hack, to shuttle men back and forth from the Edmonton area to Northern bases, like V-bomber crews  :thumbsup:

Going to end up very similar to an RAF example. Might clip the wings and put tip tanks on it. I found everything but the main wheels, so it might be a flier. Besides, it's such a neat little aeroplane, building it as a flier means more fun for those of us inclined to cruise around the house with toy aeroplanes..... :cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Wingtip tanks are good Todd !!!

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Always liked that one. Tips tanks are defo the way to go. It really does need those turboprops to really make her look good tho.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Interesting. Do you still have spinners & propellers or do you need some? I have the one from my Airtruck kit, if you want to make it asymmetric (single engine, lateral) :blink: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Thanks Tophe, but I have some old props from a long-dead Skyservant and should be able to coble up some spinners.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers

Captain Canada

Nah just gonna be built straight up, get another one finished so I can clean up my pile !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much of an update, been pretty slow at the bench. Busy at work, and too many beers when not at work. I mean, I love beer, I just get nothing done becasue of it.....

Anyway : Cut off the wingtips and started on the tip tanks. Think these are from the Airfix Mig-17. Cut off the fins so could monut them on their sides, and will re-attach one fin to each afterward.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 07, 2013, 08:42:09 AM
the tip tanks. Think these are from the Airfix Mig-17
Of course! A MiG-17 is so close to a Bassett... :lol:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

LOL...close enough, eh Tophe !

:thumbsup:

Another small update-put two coats of gloss over a coat of matt white. I really should have used the airbrush, but too lazy....

Wondering if I should add a standard lightning flash, an all black one, or maybe blue as an early EWU bird ? Hmmm.....decisions, decisions... :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

Surely the flash should be red with a white middle?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

kitnut617

Quote from: TallEng on February 09, 2013, 09:55:27 AM
Surely the flash should be red with a white middle?

Regards
Keith

If you're referring to my Turbo-Terrier (Basset) -- no.  I used decals from Xtradecal sheet No.X72009 for my model (EDIT:  which is now called X72165 apparently), these are 'post-war' roundels and flashes of red/blue only.  I have found in my decal sheet stash a number of schemes like this, Hunters, Vulcans, Victors, Chinooks which have this red/blue fin flash

The Wooksta!

They're not post war, that's the three colour Type D.  The ones on the Turbo-Terrier, Hunters, et al are the post 1972 Tactical Roundel.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

I think what the Captain (and TallEng) is actually talking about is a fuselage cheatline, not a (fin) flash.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

D'oh!  I missed the text under the pic --- sorry   :banghead: