Last Ma.K. for a while: PKA Ausf. M "Melusine".

Started by Sticky Fingers, February 11, 2013, 11:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

nighthunter

Awesome work, as always SF! Could someone please message me a link to the genre history of these things?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

H. Schimanski? As in Horst Schimanski? Schimmi? Awesome!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very nice ! I have to admit to feeling a little claustrophobic just looking at the guy in there tho !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TallEng

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 11, 2013, 01:47:11 PM
H. Schimanski? As in Horst Schimanski? Schimmi? Awesome!  :bow:

Shouldn't he be wearing the famous Grey/beige jacket then?  ;D

For those of you who are wondering http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Schimanski
Should help.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Sisko

Did your kit come with the rubber sleeve joints for the arms and legs?

It seems mine didn't and not being a MAK expert I dutifully built it.

Wasn't till I saw some online pics that I realized mine were missing! 
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys! :cheers: Next suit I'll build isn't out yet, and isn't really from the Ma.K. universe although they also do come from the master himself, mr Kow Yokoyama, but at the end of the year I'll order some of these. Can't wait!

@nighthunter: I see Pyro-Manic pointed you in the right direction already.  The forum on maschinenkrueger.com will provide you with A LOT more information than the wiki page though. Certainly worth checking out.

@ChernayaAkula: Can't be Horst, can it? The suit is from the year 2886. But he's certainly a descendent, called Hermann. And yes, he's got the moustache. Shame he's wearing that oxygen mask... ;)  I wanted a cool name for this guy, and since he works for the Strahl National Defence Army I wanted a cool German name. Horst Schimanski is about as cool a German dude as you can get, so yes, it's certainly a reference to him.

@Sisko: Most Ma.K. suits do not contain joint sleeves. And if they do they're not very good, to be honest. On the Fliege I used the ones that came with that kit, but on the Melusine, and on most other suits you'll find on the web, they're scratchbuild. In my case I used thin rolls of Milliput, modelled into shape with a toothpic.

Sisko

Ahh that's why!

Good to know certainly the first time I have heard that!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Army of One

Great build and diorama there...lovely job...!! The detail on the pilot/driver (excuse my ignorance) is wonderful...!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Horst Schimanksi as a Ma.K. pilot?  :unsure:

"Tatort" of the future - battlefield Duisburg, maybe...?  ;)