Camero Hot Wheels

Started by kerick, February 11, 2013, 08:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Quote from: kerick on February 15, 2013, 07:05:46 AM
Did it fly off the track and into the bookcase?

lol....too funny !

I was after a Subaru WRX last summer, but decided against it. I absolutley love the car, but fear either killing myself or my family and/ or losing my licence ! Mundane autos make it  much easier to comply to traffic laws....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 15, 2013, 02:43:14 PM
I was after a Subaru WRX last summer, but decided against it. I absolutley love the car, but fear either killing myself or my family and/ or losing my licence ! Mundane autos make it  much easier to comply to traffic laws....

Yeah! but we've got dirtbikes to get that off our chests --right Todd!
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

eatthis

Quote from: Go4fun on February 15, 2013, 02:37:34 PM
We have the American Modwest club of Lead Footed Loons I call "The Rice Racers". They run down the middle of a two lane street with curves, at least double the speed limit while playing with their engine management computer on the passenger seat. If two of them ever meet it will not be pretty!  :-\

i stay well away from that bollox on the street.
i go down to santa pod and do it properly

this is my old mk3 golf vr6 with a vortech supercharger on it only 300 ish hp but i miss it to this day lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceugXm2-w6Q
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

kerick

My son is into the car club action. They used to meet at shopping mall parking lots and the rice burner crowd would put one into a light pole every time. He did his racing at the drag strip. 1/4 mile in 16 seconds and still street legal.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

eatthis

Quote from: kerick on February 15, 2013, 04:35:10 PM
My son is into the car club action. They used to meet at shopping mall parking lots and the rice burner crowd would put one into a light pole every time. He did his racing at the drag strip. 1/4 mile in 16 seconds and still street legal.

what car was that with?
my best with my old golf was 13.6 never got the new 1 down there but itl deffinately be in the 12s and MAYBE 11s

PR19_Kit

Quote from: eatthis on February 15, 2013, 03:35:42 PM

I used to do that too, but back in the mid-60s!  ;D

My car only had a 900 cc engine, but it shoved out 85 bhp on a good day.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 15, 2013, 03:02:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on February 15, 2013, 02:43:14 PM

Yeah! but we've got dirtbikes to get that off our chests --right Todd!

Yes sir ! I've. Been telling people that for years. Instead of sticking to an all street bike, get yourself an enduro. Abide by the law while you commute, and hit any trail/ offroad shortcut you can ! Just don't be late for work !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: eatthis on February 15, 2013, 04:37:35 PM
Quote from: kerick on February 15, 2013, 04:35:10 PM

what car was that with?
my best with my old golf was 13.6 never got the new 1 down there but itl deffinately be in the 12s and MAYBE 11s
He has a Pontiac Gran Prix GTX with the supercharger. Heavier than a Golf but it will snap your head back when he floors it. He was commuting with it but now its the weekend car.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

eatthis

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 15, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
Quote from: eatthis on February 15, 2013, 03:35:42 PM

I used to do that too, but back in the mid-60s!  ;D

My car only had a 900 cc engine, but it shoved out 85 bhp on a good day.

i assume it revved its nuts off? thats bloody good power from sub 1l :)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: eatthis on February 16, 2013, 12:58:09 AM

8000 rpm when I screwed myself up enough to really floor it.  ;D

It was a Coventry Climax designed engine but modified by Rootes Competitions Dept. and me. It ran a Weber 40 DCOE carb and an Abarth exhaust system with oodles of work done to the head, valve gear and cam. On a good day we could get 18 mpg out of it!!!  :banghead:

If you know your classic cars mine was, of course, a Hillman Imp but it had the advantage of starting off life with a lightweight bodyshell that I bought from my employers for £75.  ;D

They were only going to scrap it anyway, so it would have been rude not to.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

eatthis

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2013, 02:29:36 AM

It was a Coventry Climax designed engine but modified by Rootes Competitions Dept. and me. It ran a Weber 40 DCOE carb and an Abarth exhaust system with oodles of work done to the head, valve gear and cam. On a good day we could get 18 mpg out of it!!!  :banghead:

If you know your classic cars mine was, of course, a Hillman Imp but it had the advantage of starting off life with a lightweight bodyshell that I bought from my employers for £75.  ;D

niiiiiiice
more rust = lighter body too lol

18mpg out of a 900 cc engine attached to a cereal packet is hilarious

Rheged

Quote from: eatthis on February 16, 2013, 02:36:01 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2013, 02:29:36 AM

niiiiiiice
more rust = lighter body too lol

18mpg out of a 900 cc engine attached to a cereal packet is hilarious

8000 rpm? The squeals from that poor Climax engine would be so high pitched that  only the local bats would have heard you coming!!

At the other end of the scale, I used to run a 1900cc citroen BX diesel estate (not a turbo)  Driven with due decorum, I could just about manage 50mpg  and the beast had an 18 gallon tank.  I mainly used the car for trips to and from work, so a tankful lasted me nearly 5 months.   One of the young men in our warehousing was crowing about his modified Corsa (The one with the GO-FASTER writing on the sides) He was boasting about its performance one summer lunchtime "....and I only have to fill it up once a week...."  He turned rather dismissively to me and asked  "When did you last fill that big heavy old barge of yours?"  It was a lovely feeling to be able to reply  "February, I think"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 16, 2013, 03:56:38 AM
8000 rpm? The squeals from that poor Climax engine would be so high pitched that  only the local bats would have heard you coming!!

Hehe, it was pretty ear splitting yes, but it never ran for more than a few seconds at that speed at The Pod and the Avon strip. We did think about fitting a full roller bearing crank at one stage but it would have cost a fortune!

Quote from: Rheged on February 16, 2013, 03:56:38 AM
He turned rather dismissively to me and asked  "When did you last fill that big heavy old barge of yours?"  It was a lovely feeling to be able to reply  "February, I think"

LOVE it!  :wub: :thumbsup:  ;D

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

This is my "toy" that I have fiddled with over the 2 years I have owned it, it now weighs less than standard and has a bit more poke to it. I used to do some off roading on my bikes but my hip and back put pay to that, now I enjoy upsetting anything on 4 wheels and most things on two wheels, that think my bike is a mundane "cruiser" type bike. It is a ducati Diavel, 1198 cc 90 degree V-twin 162 BHP, under 200 kilos Most of the body work and the tank cover are carbon fibre and it has a full Termignoni performance exhaust system, Ducati performance EPROM chip and performance air filter. Standard 0-62 MPH, 2.5 seconds. top speed 177MPH. Good fun at traffic lights and on motorways when Mr Porsche driver wants to get smart.

Cheers
chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Nice looking machine, just be sure to keep the shiny side up!
Tophe the Wise