Wanted. MH-60 IFR Probe in 1/72nd scale

Started by chrisonord, February 12, 2013, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Yes I know, I am scrounging again :rolleyes: ;D
My current build is the deplorable Italeri 1/72nd scale the Italian navy version. I am building it as a US Marine Corps MH-101, with drop tanks a radar nose and an IFR probe. I have everything else bar an IFR probe, so if anyone has one surplus to requirement they can let go that would be great. I am in the UK, and I am more than happy to pay the postage on the item and or swap something if I have it.
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Do what I always do : Two sizes of rod ( one inside the other so you can slide it in or out  :thumbsup: ) and a tip from another IFR probe or the aimer from an LGB works good enought. You can also add some thin strips arouns the circumference to dress it up a bit....

BTW, what is wrong with the Italeri 101 kit ? I always liked them !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 12, 2013, 01:53:31 PM
Do what I always do : Two sizes of rod ( one inside the other so you can slide it in or out  :thumbsup: ) and a tip from another IFR probe or the aimer from an LGB works good enought. You can also add some thin strips arouns the circumference to dress it up a bit....

BTW, what is wrong with the Italeri 101 kit ? I always liked them !

:cheers:
Cheers for the tip CC, I could well be doing that just yet. The kit really does not want to go together, too many parts that cause too many badly fitting main parts. Maybe its just this one kit, but it has fought me all the way and needed its fair share of putty and bodge.
Cheers
Chris

kitnut617

I'm using a probe from the CH-47

Mind you, I recently picked up another CH-53E the other week so I can do a 'Marine One' version, I've got a spare probe from that kit -------
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

This is the version I have http://shop.italeri.com/Products/6906-1295-aw-101-merlin-tti.aspx looks a fair bit different to yours Robert for sure. I was going to instal the IFR probe in a similar manner to the one fitted to the MH-60 too. I think the one from the MH-53 mounts different to the MH-60 so that one might be too short. Hmm, I love it when I make things awkward  :rolleyes: :lol:
Cheers guys
Chris

kitnut617

well I've actually stretched it a might and added the CH-47 side sponsons to it.

I do have all the different Italeri and Revell offerings of this kit though
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Looking good Robert, I would like to see what it looks like when finished.
Cheers
Chris