First post... T-72 Bar' Aesifa

Started by Culturby, February 16, 2013, 04:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Culturby

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum. Lately I've found a huge inspiration on this and a similar forum - A inspiration that helped me to start and hopefully finish a model, for the first time since 2009. I simply lost the motivation back then... Got married, got a son and lost a great part of time to build models...

So I have started a project combining the turret from the M247 Sgt. York and the hull from a T-72...

My story is, that a US ally bought the 50 turrets of the M247 Sgt. York, when the project was cancelled in the mid-1980'ies. This "ally" later sold the turrets on to Syria, which combined the M247 turrets with surplus T-72 hulls. This vehicle became known as the T-72 Bar' Aesifa (Lightning Storm).

I'm thinking about making a Bar' Aesifa that was captured by FSA rebels and now used in both the surface to air and the surface to surface role.

Here is my progress so far... Primed a ready for some paint.

Bjoern

PR19_Kit

That's one BIG turret!  :o :thumbsup: :bow:

I know nothing at all about armour but that's one impressive looking model Culturby, well done indeed.

Welcome to to the nut-house too, coffee and doughnuts (and Twiglets....) are just on the left by the door you came in..........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

As Kit said,  "welcome aboard" 
thats nice looking in the grey and will be ( no dought) utterly smashing when finished.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rheged

Welcome to Whiffworld.  The inhabitants are all  "Mostly Harmless"  but the twiglets are an acquired taste!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Welocme ! Nice looking tank. Very well done so far, and the story sounds believable too.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

Welcome to our world. Quite a good introductory build and a good back story. Beware of strangely dress women(?) and men smoking pipes. ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Go4fun on February 16, 2013, 07:57:48 AM
Beware strangely dress women(?) and men smoking pipes. ;D

....and Twiglets and Marmite too.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2013, 09:42:18 AM

Oh come On...what's wrong with Twiglets????
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2013, 09:42:18 AM

No one smokes Twiglets or Marmite!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

That turret looks absolutely great on the T-72 hull!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Firstly wellcome, secondly - that looks really good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Culturby

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Although I had to google Twiglets and Marmite. Not products we have here in Denmark ;-)

Bjoern

kerick

Quote from: Culturby on February 17, 2013, 06:45:26 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Although I had to google Twiglets and Marmite. Not products we have here in Denmark ;-)

Bjoern
From what I've heard the folks in Denmark are lucky!
Excellent job on the AA tank. That thing would be brutal in the ground mode.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

nighthunter

Welcome to the "world" from the Yank side of it, Alaskan Smoked Salmon, Nutella, & Sam Adams Lager are on your left.

As to an ally of the US you have several choices in the region, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, & Egypt, that would be willing to supply the Sgt York turrets, or even buy the damn things.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

buzzbomb

Nice build, you certainly got the two bits together nicely