What can I do with a Noorduyn Norseman IV/C-64A from Matchbox?

Started by Nino, February 17, 2013, 07:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nino

I have and old kit from Matchbox, a Norseman IV/C-64A. It comes with skis, floats and wheels. I was thinking in make one i russian or german colours in the ostfront or maybe a mediterranean german/italian one with floats.
Can you give me some help?

Thanks. Have a nice build.

Captain Canada

Russian sounds good. They could have used a sturdy plane .

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Read Gavin Lyall's "The Most Dangerous Game"  and then consider doing it as a "trespasser"  inserting agents into USSR    from Finland in 1960's   (or from Russia into Finland in 1943).
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

martinbayer

How about an updated version with a turboprop engine a la Pilatus Porter?

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Nino

In russian colours and skis was my first option... but a modern upgrade... with floats...  Or may be and Spanish SAR plane...

An  A "Cold war Plane" in black overall?

All sounds interesting.

Captain Canada

Spanish SAR would be an interesting idea for this plane. What era ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nino

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nino

Yes. I have a plan. One green or white with skis and big red stars or one with floats in grey and white/pale blue with yellow stripe and spanish colours.

mmm but a black one in british colours as a lysander... arghhhhhhh

Well I'm now out of combat with five points in my left eye... I couldn't work but i could think...

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

The black one sounds like a neat idea, but no 'wow' factor as a model. The Spanish one  still has my vote. An Air America bird also sounds pretty neat !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

A friend of mine is planning one in German Marineflieger colors, 50ies era - with floats and a splinter scheme in RAL 6014/7012 and probably lots of dayglo orange as an SAR aircraft.

Another option: a Swedish one with Fields & MEadows (Viggen-style) camouflage. Sweden actually used the Norseman for SAR duties, but in an all-orange-yellow livery.

Or: try this (real) one...

Nino

Yes. The Air America option is so fine, with woodland cammo up and black down... so interesting... I found the swedish and israelian schemes. But I would like something diferent for my third whifi model. The other where simple paint job (a MiG-3 and a IL-2 in Spanish Republican colours). Well tomorrow the doctor have to put me in the surgery table for minor surgery and I will have `plenty time to think.

Captain Canada

This is another one of those threads I really appreciate.....I had always planned on doing a bunch of Beavers and Otters as they were so widely used. Now I can add norsemen to the list ! Love that all orange one. Very nice.

Good luck with your surgery, and good luck picking your final scheme !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?