Main Menu

DAF M39

Started by Draken35, February 17, 2013, 11:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken35

The DAF M39 was a Dutch light vehicle produced before the war; and used as "Beute" by the Germans during the war. After the war it was planned to restart production for Dutch and Belgian armies, but project was droped in benefit of light tanks...

...But project was not droped by me...

The material (kit is 1/72 Retrotracks)

Easy build, really

And ready for painting...

Draken35

White primer...

Followed by the Belgian khaki so typical from 1940! (It was an idea not to make a green kaki vehicle). Belgian khaki can be made like that:

40% Tamiya XF-49 kaki
40% Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow
10% XF-52 Flat Earth
10% orange yellow

Then the tyres are painted with Dark Rubber from Panzer Aces; weathering is made with some rust from Model Master with a drop of Gun Metal

Final assembly...

Draken35

Pébéo gloss varnish was airbrushed, then decals applied. The vehicle is a 1946 Belgian one, from the Recce squad of the 2Cy (Deuxième Bataillon de Carabiniers Cyclistes)

...1 euro, to give you the size of the 1/72 M39

Captain Canada

Nice ! What a neat little car...love the wheel arrangement, looks like it would never get stuck ! Lots of guns too. Great work !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Father Ennis

Great job !!!   Looks like a wiff too !!!  Never heard of this one before ... ???

rickshaw

Quote from: Draken35 on February 17, 2013, 11:06:43 AM
Pébéo gloss varnish was airbrushed, then decals applied. The vehicle is a 1946 Belgian one, from the Recce squad of the 2Cy (Deuxième Bataillon de Carabiniers Cyclistes)

Does that mean they relied on pedal power?  ;D

A nicely made model of an unusual subject.  Always like a lot of the inter-war armoured cars.  The DAF is one of my faves.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Now that is nice. These inter-war armoured cars can look really good
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Draken35

Go4fun

Interesting? Yes. Nice build? Deffinitely. Daft? Not at all.
Oh, you said DAF;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Weaver

Nice one! I've always had a soft spot for these things: very modern-looking for the late 1930s.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Draken35

Thank you!

I've made a correction: the code sight of 2Cy is 060 and not 72...
What do you think about that possible presentation, as "guardian" of a museum?

Inspiration comes from the JPK 90 of the "Musée des Chasseurs à Pied", Charleroi, Belgium.

Weaver

That'd be good.

Maybe have some more "gate guardian" features like a plaque, a plug in the barrel, chocks behind the wheels, "No Climbing" signs and maybe a low fence/rail around it?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Draken35

Quote from: Weaver on February 19, 2013, 09:23:40 AM
That'd be good.

Maybe have some more "gate guardian" features like a plaque, a plug in the barrel, chocks behind the wheels, "No Climbing" signs and maybe a low fence/rail around it?

Thank you; and I agree: there will be a plaque and chocks between the wheels... And perheaps some other of the ideas you propose...  ;)

NARSES2

Yup ideal subject for a gate guardian  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Father Ennis

Sweet looking model !!!   You did a great job on it. Interesting choice of displaying it,too.  There is something quite similar near here. At the Will Rogers Museum,they have an FT-17 displayed in the same way. The biggest difference is the plynth it sits on is made from native sandstone blocks. The contrasts in color really show it off. I recommend you do something like that,too. Yes,it has the other items mentioned,too.   BTW, I've never seen that brand of kits before. Do you have a link to them ?  Might be something I might like ... !!!