Main Menu

DAF M39

Started by Draken35, February 17, 2013, 11:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Here you are Father E, I had a look as well  ;D

http://www.retrokitonline.com/

I've seen them at a couple of shows before but this is one of the first ones I've seen built up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Draken35

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Narses2 gived the link to RetrokiT. I must say that I like the products made by Retro-Kit/-Tracks/-Wings/-SF. I have built some other kits from there; some of them being out of production actually: Automitrailleuse SAVA; Belgian T-13 tank; Belgian T-15 tank; Star Wars Escape Pod + Snow Speeder + Cloud City Aircar... And I own some other on my stash...
Production is original.

Father Ennis

Thanks for the info link. I will be checking them out.  Also,thanks to Draken 35 for showing me something new. This was a vehicle I had not seen or heard of before.

Weaver

Have to say I covet the "Beast" tank from Indiana Jones that Retrokit do  :wub: Bit out of my price range I'm afraid though. The Da Vinci tank is another great idea.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Draken35

I have built the Da Vinci tank. Nice kit! And excellent what-if...

Well, back on the DAF: oil wash

Draken35

I've airbrushed Pébéo matt varnish on the Daf...

...And Tamiya XF-19 Sky Grey on the base

That gives nice result

Next steps: pastels on the Daf, and more life to the base!

Captain Canada

Looks like she's going to bust a double jump !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Draken35

;D  ;)

Use of Tamiya pastels: "Sand" et "Gray".

As this is a "museum guardian", no need of dust or mud on the DAF. It's finished for it.

...But not for the base of course, that received Klir today, before an oil wash.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Draken35

Draken35

Oil wash on the base

Draken35

I have airbrushed Pébéo matt varnish; then used pastel (Tamiya "Snow")...
(Photo shows the beginning of the work)

When finished with pastel, PVC glue and some grass:

Then the DAF can be positioned!

It's quasi finished. Just wish to add some flower and, if I can find some 1/72 civilians, some visitors...

Father Ennis

This is really looking good !!!  Two things, around here vehicles are displayed with the front wheels just back from the front edge. Second, you need contrast between the street and the plynth. It's just too bland.  LOL!  I'm not saying it looks bad just I think it could be a bit better. BTW, I have checked out the site for them and it was great !!!  Thanks a million to you both that turned me on to the site.

Draken35

Quote from: Father Ennis on March 02, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
This is really looking good !!!  Two things, around here vehicles are displayed with the front wheels just back from the front edge. Second, you need contrast between the street and the plynth. It's just too bland.  LOL!  I'm not saying it looks bad just I think it could be a bit better. BTW, I have checked out the site for them and it was great !!!  Thanks a million to you both that turned me on to the site.

Thank you for your comments!

Display is based on the one, real, of the JPK 90 of the Musée des Chasseurs à Pied, Charleroi, Belgium. So it's an authentic Belgian display.
I agree for the contrast, but too late to correct that - and BTW the display is not finished yet. Flowers will be added, a presentation plate in front of the plynth, and I'm searching for a cat and a couple of civilians with childrens (visitors)

Father Ennis

I can't wait till I can see it finished !!!