Looking for the Anigrand C-17 instruction sheet

Started by kitnut617, February 21, 2013, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

As the title says ---

I've got parts of an Anigrand 1/72 C-17 (the forward fuselage), I'd like to get a copy or scan of the instruction sheet if I can. Can anyone help out ?

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Runway ? ...

Hi, it's a bit sparse. This was what my boxing contained.

There is a two view for paint/decals on the reverse.
Sorry I can't help further.

kitnut617

Thanks very much for that runway   :thumbsup:  Out of interest, there's nothing on there that says what to do to prepare the parts for joining is there ?  Like sanding the surfaces or something like that ?

Just noticed something, they have the pilot seat on the right side, co-pilot on the left.  Is that peculiar to the C-17 ?

Go4fun

I think Pilot/Co-Pilot seating depends on the nation using it.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Go4fun on March 02, 2013, 02:58:19 PM

AFAIK Captains of large fixed wing aircraft sit on the left, in both the East and West. I talked my way onto the flight desk of a SovAF Tu-134 at Yeovilton once and they sat the same way round as the RAF crews.

Helicopters are the other way round, and I never have figured out why.

Presumably the crews of the Rotodyne and V-22s swap sides when they transition......  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

I think Helicopters are "reversed" because of the arrangement of the cyclic pitch control?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Maybe the collective, the cyclic is in the same place as a fixed wing stick, between the pilot's knees.

Usually the collective is on the left of the pilot and combined with the throttle in many cases but I still don't see why that should affect which side the Captain sits on.

Unless to ensure he has a better view of the ground through the floor windows, as the collective could be in the way, hmmm.....?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2013, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Go4fun on March 02, 2013, 02:58:19 PM

AFAIK Captains of large fixed wing aircraft sit on the left, in both the East and West. I talked my way onto the flight desk of a SovAF Tu-134 at Yeovilton once and they sat the same way round as the RAF crews.

Helicopters are the other way round, and I never have figured out why.

Presumably the crews of the Rotodyne and V-22s swap sides when they transition......  ;D

Guess the first cockpit designers were used to using their buggy-whips with the left-hand...  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 02, 2013, 02:39:44 PM
Out of interest, there's nothing on there that says what to do to prepare the parts for joining is there ?  Like sanding the surfaces or something like that ?

No, Anigrand don't include those tips. As they state "not suitable for children under 14" I assume they assume you know how to prepare them. One thing I have noted with Anigrand however is that they don't seem to need much of a pre soak as there is very little, if any, release agent present. The smell however is something else when you first open the box  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2013, 02:14:07 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on March 02, 2013, 02:39:44 PM
Out of interest, there's nothing on there that says what to do to prepare the parts for joining is there ?  Like sanding the surfaces or something like that ?

No, Anigrand don't include those tips. As they state "not suitable for children under 14" I assume they assume you know how to prepare them. One thing I have noted with Anigrand however is that they don't seem to need much of a pre soak as there is very little, if any, release agent present. The smell however is something else when you first open the box  :rolleyes:

Thanks Chris,  I was having a look at it yesterday and gave the joining surfaces a bit of a sanding and things look ok now.  The resin does have a particular smell to it doesn't it ?     :lol: