P-36 with inline engine

Started by KJ_Lesnick, February 26, 2013, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2013, 12:35:42 PM
... and will continue to do so, given the chance. Such is the nature of 'business', meaning American business in this instance of course.

Why do you assume this is limited purely to American business? The Americans are merely better at it than anybody else so everybody blames them.  Before the rise of the "American century" it was the British and the French who were considered the sharp dealers, before that the Dutch, before that...and so on and so on.   Perhaps we should just leave the nationalist barbs at the door?  Some people should stop trolling as well.    :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Joe C-P

To return the pissing match to a more historical discussion, the US still has leases on UK bases - 99 year leases which should end in the late 2030s or early 2040s. I wonder if the powers that be have already started considering the effect of losing these bases in about 25 years time?

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

KJ_Lesnick

joncarrfarrelly

QuoteThe 'classified' status of the GE turbo has often been misunderstood, it wasn't so much the turbo as it
was the metallurgy of the turbine and other hot parts that made it work
Okay, that makes a lot more sense to me.

Quoteanyhow the B-17Cs sent to the UK in the spring of '41 as the Fortress I were box stock, turbos and all.
Well I guess if an BF2C managed to end up in the hands of the Germans in the 1930's, it doesn't surprise me at all really...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on February 28, 2013, 04:32:14 PM
Why do you assume this is limited purely to American business? The Americans are merely better at it than anybody else so everybody blames them.  Before the rise of the "American century" it was the British and the French who were considered the sharp dealers, before that the Dutch, before that...and so on and so on.   Perhaps we should just leave the nationalist barbs at the door? 

That's exactly why I wrote '....in this instance....'
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Behave - or I'll lock the thread
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

We are behaving, but badly...........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2013, 12:44:58 AM

How many will  the naughty step accommodate at any one time?                Sorry!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on March 01, 2013, 01:52:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2013, 12:44:58 AM

How many will  the naughty step accommodate at any one time?                Sorry!

It has got full on the odd occasion - thanks for the apology
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Have all the worms and empty cans been cleared away?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

eatthis

is it finished yet?
this thread got derailed a bit but it never even approached handbags at dawn status  :lol:
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

KJ_Lesnick

I'm thinking about something... the XP-40 by the time they redesigned the radiator, how much of it was different from the earlier P-40?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

The Wooksta!

Use Google.  If you can't be arsed to do your own research, we're not going to do it for you.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 08, 2013, 05:54:53 PMUse Google.  If you can't be arsed to do your own research, we're not going to do it for you.
The questions I have relate to the structure of the design... not so much the appearance.  It looks like some parts of the fuselage were changed based on what I remember.

The Wooksta!

This is a modelling site, not a hang out for engineers.  You're asking the wrong questions with the wrong people.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: