The Solitary Cyclist`s Thread

Started by thesolitarycyclist, March 03, 2013, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Oh yeah! A Bullpup toting Wyvern, what's not to like?  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

thesolitarycyclist

Thanks for the kind comments. It does look better on the photograph than in real life.

I`m still re-learning modelling, like a lot of people my age i made models as a teenager at school and had a 30 year break due to work , marriage and kids. I got started again in 2009 while on recovery from surgery when i made a 1/48 Ilyushin Il-2 which is not a whiff.

The Wyvern is the Frog/Novo kit which in this day and age leaves a lot to be desired quality wise. This was given to me by Keith at my local modelling club and is a blast from the past as i made this one as a teenager but i don`t remember it being so bad a fit back then. It did take a fair bit of sanding of the joints to make things fit better and practically no filler.

Bullpups and decals were donated by Gaz at the club. One of the down sides of a 30year break is my stash of decals and extra parts is long gone so i`m forced to cadge from friends.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That gift set is awesome ! I love model catalogues and that one does look impressive !

Love the Wyvern as well. Looks right at home in those colours and markings, and mission. The camo drop tank is a nice touch as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

thesolitarycyclist

My latest creation, Airfix Hawk which was one of the kits i won off the hot dog tin competition.
What if the Yellowjacks carried on after 1963 and the Red Arrows were never formed?

zenrat

I like that.  It's good to do something bright every now and then.
Your Wyvern is great as well.

Belated thanks to sandiego89 for the info on the towed fuel tank.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I was talking to the Red's first ground engineer officer at the RAF Seletar Association last week, where I did my one man show. I asked him if they'd just repainted the Yellowjack's aircraft red or were they all new airframes. He said they just repainted them at first, but a couple were a bit long in the tooth and were replaced by newly painted ones.

He also confirmed the tale of the 'blown roll rate fuses',  ;) with much added detail.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very nice ! I had been wanting to do one in the colours of the EFTS here in Canada during WWII, and that's definitely vindication on how good it would look ! Love the tail as well.....great stuff !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Nice whiffs here!  :thumbsup:
Funny how things work, i got back to modeling after 20+ years recovering from surgery last winter!  :blink:
Guess it's just the price we had to pay for turning our backs on our beloved hobby for so long...  ;D
Those last pics are a tad small, got any a bit bigger?

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Really like the push-pull Fokker  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thesolitarycyclist

Finally found my camera which i put in a safe place like you do. I have removed the crap pictures i took with my mobile.

Eurofighter Tornado

Fokker DXIII

thesolitarycyclist

Now my eldest daughter has moved to her own place again Mrs Cyclist said i could have the spare room as my man cave / modelling room. Heres a couple of views of the clutter. Works in progress on the table, not all are whiffs. It might be small but its mine.

Captain Canada

Love that Tornado Typhoon thing ! And congrats on the new modelling space.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

thesolitarycyclist

A variation on an idea i`ve had for a while for an improved version of a WW2 fighter to increase speed and range. I originally planned to do this to a Hurricane but the fuselage to wing fit wasn`t very practical so went down this route instead.

Fuselage from the new tool Airfix Messerschmitt Bf109E-3, wings, tailplanes, exhausts and droptanks from new tool Airfix North American F-51 Mustang, propeller from Hasegawa Kyushu Shinden and larger rudder off an Airfix Lancaster.

TallEng

I like that :thumbsup:
It's got a certain 'something' about it ;D
One suggestion I'd make would be to swap (no criticism intended)
The drop tanks for more typical German ones
If your spares box has any.
Does the Airfix new tool 109 not have any?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks