LF : 1/72 scale F-16 landing gear

Started by PR19_Kit, March 04, 2013, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, I KNOW I don't like F-16s but I'm trying to use the landing gear from an ESCI F-16B kit and it's so old the plastic has gone brittle and the legs have broken into zillions of bits, thus stopping the project.  :banghead:

Does anyone have ANY 1/72 F-16 landing gear, perhaps from a model built as a flyer? I'm fine with paying money or swaps,

Even better, if anyone knows of a company making metal gear for an F1-6 that'd be even better! Scale Aircraft Conversions don't, I've checked....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit....I'll have a look.....wheels as well....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

I should have one if Army doesn't. I think it's a monogram kit of the prototype I have somewhere.......

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I've had some success with this, thanks guys.

Looks like Gondor will come up with the goods over the weekend and the Project can continue to a conclusion, hopefully sometime next week.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

No prob ! So what you're saying is you're not actually building an F-16, but just using the landing gear ? Atta boy..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 05, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
No prob ! So what you're saying is you're not actually building an F-16, but just using the landing gear ? Atta boy..... :thumbsup:

Precisely...........  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

Army of One

If he don't come through for you let me know......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

He's a good guy.  :thumbsup:

We already have a few trades under our belt and I've done the decals that's my part of the swap. ;D

I'll keep you in mimd though, who knows, I may break the 2ND pair of legs too!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 06, 2013, 10:13:25 PM
He's a good guy.  :thumbsup:

We already have a few trades under our belt and I've done the decals that's my part of the swap. ;D

I'll keep you in mimd though, who knows, I may break the 2ND pair of legs too!  :thumbsup:

I hope not as the first pair are pre painted white!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....