The Hawker P.1086, son of PR19.....

Started by PR19_Kit, March 12, 2013, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerofan

Very nice paint job. I like how the paint scheme really works well for it. Also enjoy it for it's sort of Sci-fi looks.  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

chrisonord

I do like that Kit, and I hope you are going to get it copied in resin as I would certainly buy one  :wub:
Chris 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

deathjester

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Superb!  :wub: :bow: Now we have to show this to the chap who's always saying "Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings", he'll just love... Oh, never mind.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sandiego89

Great job!  Like the wheel wells especially.  Nicely done.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mr.Creak

What if... I had a brain?

Daryl J.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on March 13, 2013, 05:45:59 AM

What is this presto putty? can one obtain it in Germany?

Yes indeed, it's made there. What you can't do is buy it in UK! I bought a tube in Berlin or somewhere a few years ago, used it on quite a few models (it comes in BIG tubes) and loved it, but when it ran out I couldn't find it anywhere here. I emailed the manufacturer but they never replied and then our own Dizzyfugu said he used it too and offered to get me some.  :thumbsup:

Apparently it's sold in motor accesory shops in Germany, equivalent to Halfords in UK, and is very common there. It's wonderful stuff, dries fast, sands SUPERBLY when you do it wet and is by far the best putty I've ever used.

Thanks VERY much to everyone for your enthusiastic response to the P.1086 Streak, I'm well flattered.  ;D

And the thought of copying it in resin HORRIFIES me Chris!  :o I'm not saying it's impossible, one of our resdent resinmeisters would know better, but I'd have to build another one to make the master!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quick intermission: From a conversation on FlickR, Presto seems to be known in Canada, too!

It's the best nitrous compound putty I have tried so far - and I used many things, not only from the model kit realm. Presto putty actually is used for car bodies, for the final finish before primer and paint is applied. You get it in cans (500gr), but in some specialty stores also in more handy tubes.
The stuff has a bad stench, but it bonds VERY well with styrene, holds onto resin and even vinyl. Dries pretty quickly, and it can be easily (wet) sanded. You can even sculpt with it to a certain degree. Shrink is almost zero. I love it!  :wub:

Here's a tube, accidently caught in a WiP picture:

Project 'Kodiak' - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Back to the main program...  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

As far as the P.1086 is concerned, the Presto IS part of the main programme!  ;D

That Snark kit has so many sink marks and mould pin marks a good filler is absolutely essential! Thanks for finding it Thomas, it's worth its weight in gold.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Love it!!!  Totally unique and imaginative and very well executed!!  :thumbsup:

Looking at the problems you had with the undercarriage (re the clearance), I personally would have turned the whole fuselage the other way up, putting the intake on top......

But then again, I would never have come up with such an idea in the first place  :bow: