Started by PR19_Kit, March 12, 2013, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Quote from: Devilfish on March 14, 2013, 02:28:37 AM
Love it!!!  Totally unique and imaginative and very well executed!!  :thumbsup:

Could not have put it better.

Fantastic build mate.  :thumbsup:  :bow:

Scooterman

Wow, Kit.  With one good shot of reheat and a strong tailwind, she could make it from there to my doorstep without using internal fuel!

Madoc

PR19_Kit,

Nicely done!  Very nicely done!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Devilfish on March 14, 2013, 02:28:37 AMLove it!!!  Totally unique and imaginative and very well executed!!  :thumbsup:

Absolutely !  :bow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Lovely job Kit - I was eying up that Snark build and wondering what could be done with it too.... ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Looks like something right out of BSP Kit    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 20, 2013, 05:59:28 AM
Looks like something right out of BSP Kit    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hehe, that had me sniggering Robert, perhaps I should suggest that they do a re-write?   ;)

Glad you like it gentlemen, it gave me great pleasure to have it finished as it ended up pretty well as I imagined it originally, even though it needed TWO re-writes of the backstory!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

So if anyone tries to find this aircraft tucked away in some forgotten corner of a hanger their search could be called "The Hunting of The Snark"?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I'm just waiting to see what happens with the P.1081 you've got...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 21, 2013, 02:05:22 PM
I'm just waiting to see what happens with the P.1081 you've got...

Hehehe, it's a magic shape, isn't it? I'm sorely tempted to build it stock but to do an Ian-the-Kiwi-Herder on the colour scheme. On the other it would look good with a tad longer wings..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on March 21, 2013, 12:29:26 PM
So if anyone tries to find this aircraft tucked away in some forgotten corner of a hanger their search could be called "The Hunting of The Snark"?

Gondor

A hint from Lewis Carroll---It's likely to be well camouflaged  " It had slowly and silently vanished away,  For the Snark was a Boojum, you see"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

philp

Late to the party as usual.

Very nicely done Kit.  A similar idea to one I have been kicking around regarding the base kit (though think mine would be a fast attack bomber but who knows).

The model in the Airfix Magazine was done by Mike Grant (you all may have heard of him) and an impressive job he did getting that old kit to look like what it is supposed to be.

But you have Whiffed this one to the max.

And am I the only one that looks at it and thinks it may have been easier to start with a Hunter, add the shoulder stretched wings and under fuselage intake?

Definitely Whiffy worthy as is the backstory.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Quote from: philp on June 23, 2013, 04:31:09 PM
And am I the only one that looks at it and thinks it may have been easier to start with a Hunter, add the shoulder stretched wings and under fuselage intake?

Definitely Whiffy worthy as is the backstory.

Heheh, you could well be right there, but I started with that pile of very RED plastic and it just sort of grew on me from there.

I'd have needed two Hunters to get the length though. What did surprise me was how similar the nose shapes were, once the canopy was in the correct place it just screamed 'HUNTER' at me. Sadly the Snark's red nose probe vanished into one of my carrying boxes and has been replaced with a shorter and thinner white one for the present.

Regards
Kit