WIP Israeli SAR Wigeon/Gosling Airfix 1/72

Started by Army of One, March 13, 2013, 08:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

One of the bargains I got from MZ for £1.99....Airfix Gosling/Wigeon....not sure who's its going to be yet...

This is a quick build while on down time at work.....this is my first attempt at 45yrs old at rigging (of sorts)....I'm not sure about the wire I used....seemed like a good idea at the time, thin stuff that goes around a bottle of red wine.....very soft......I couldn't find the ultra fine fishing wire at home.....I'm quite pleased with it but know it could be better.....the superglue I used weren't the best....lessons learned....
Sorry re poor quality picture....taken with an iPhone......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Only you could show off your rigging skills next to a bloody machine gun  ;D ;D ;D

Nice work on it mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

:lol: cheers......but single shot version only.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Go4fun

Quote from: Army of One on March 13, 2013, 08:30:57 AM
:lol: cheers......but single shot version only.....
You mean it is a 'Semi-automatic' as opposed to a 'Selective rate of fire' weapon?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Army of One

You are quite correct....I am aware of that but I was being respectful to brother narses2 and his apparent lack of firearms knowledge.... ;)
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Go4fun

Quote from: Army of One on March 13, 2013, 11:07:48 AM
You are quite correct....I am aware of that but I was being respectful to brother narses2 and his apparent lack of firearms knowledge.... ;)
Yeaqh, I should have known. I keep forgetting people of civilization who never served in the armed forces don't know all this technical stuff about hand held firearms. And they can't walk in step in large groups worth beans either!  ;) :D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

chrisonord

I will be watching what you do with this H, I do like these little flying dinghies,\i built one a few years back with a pair of astazou's from a Pukara, the engines fit straight on too which was nice  ;) Oh and nice semi auto "point maker" by the way.
chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

The Carpet Monster must be giving you serious grief! ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Army of One

The carpet monster gives me no jip at all......I got a few others that I may change a bit....
Hman....it's an HK MP5A3....has a sliding stock....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

pyro-manic

Thinking about it, I'd probably be extremely well-behaved if that was waved under my nose. ;D I assume you're a policeman then, looking after something important? That could be a good scheme for the Gosling - a patrol bird for a large port area or something. Are you going to be doing any mods, or just detailing-up (which is looking good, by the way)? My only attempt at "rigging" has been radio aerials, using some 12oz fishing line. Works quite well, though painting can be tricky (keep knocking it off the model!)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

Love the rigging skills H, the MP5 - Not one of my favourite gun's I'm afraid.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

I built one of those Golsings some years ago in a RW Caribbean washed out camo scheme, and was quite pleased with it, a neat looking aeroplane. But with time the wheels have developed alarming amounts of camber, so much so that they are almost at 45 deg by now. The plastic 'axles' of the landing gear struts are very thin indeed, so it may be worthwhile beefing them up with something.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Intrigued, looking forward to seeing what you've got planned! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.