WIP Israeli SAR Wigeon/Gosling Airfix 1/72

Started by Army of One, March 13, 2013, 08:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Mossie.....not sure really.....had thought about an Israeli SAR in grey/blue.....I got a few and also thought about Finnish......and really want to do one in the style of the floatplane in 'Waterworld'...'
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on March 13, 2013, 11:07:48 AM
You are quite correct....I am aware of that but I was being respectful to brother narses2 and his apparent lack of firearms knowledge.... ;)

Cheers mate. I've only ever fired a shotgun while helping keep the vermin down on the farm years and years ago. And yes it was legal  ;D I know a bit about historic firearms but nowt about modern ones.

Quote from: Go4fun on March 13, 2013, 12:38:54 PM
I keep forgetting people of civilization who never served in the armed forces don't know all this technical stuff about hand held firearms. And they can't walk in step in large groups worth beans either!  ;) :D

That's me  ;D Marching in step ? If you did that crossing London Bridge in the morning it would collapse  :wacko: Always minded of the Laurel and Hardy film when people talk about marching in step. On the NW Frontier and Stan is out of step, gradually everyone bar the cross eyed sergeant get in step with him. Brilliant  ;D :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

A little bit of progress...hopefully get an undercoat tonight....the u/c is woefully inadequate....part replaced by stretched sprue...which is all I had to hand...

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

The a/c was base coated with white (05) then the under surfaces and the demarcation up the side of the fuselage were light grey (371) the upper surfaces are light grey (76) and will probably have a camo scheme of greyblue (79) on it....all paints used are Revell aqua colours.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Go4fun

Quote from: Army of One on March 15, 2013, 06:39:47 PM
The a/c was base coated with white (05) then the under surfaces and the demarcation up the side of the fuselage were light grey (371) the upper surfaces are light grey (76) and will probably have a camo scheme of greyblue (79) on it....all paints used are Revell aqua colours.....

If those hollow point rounds are 9mm it gives a good sense of the scale.
Hollow points?Just where DO you work?  :-\
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Army of One

Yep.....they are 9mm hollow points.....I work in London....a little bit of modelling during a break here n there.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Well.....that's it for tonight.....hope you like.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on March 15, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
A little bit of progress...hopefully get an undercoat tonight....the u/c is woefully inadequate....part replaced by stretched sprue...which is all I had to hand...

'Woefully inadequate', what a wonderfully descriptive phrase, as well as being 100% accurate!  :thumbsup:

I'm amazed how Airfix got away with some of their spindly landing gear legs in those days. The Mig 21 is the same, not enough strength to hold up an aircraft half its weight.

That does look terrific Hank, a beautifully delicate looking aircraft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Cheers Kit.....although thick the windscreen fits really well....35 parts in total I think.....the next one will probably be modified with different engines and some different bodywork....think of the float plane in 'Waterworld'.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Steel Penguin

glock of some kind (17 ? 19?) and a x26 taser,  never been "in" my self, but ex twilight 2000 gm, so i needed to be resonable on IDing em. i could get my copy of Jane sout but ive got a purring cat on my lap and dont want to disterb it .  ( should i do my blofeld impresson?)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

deathjester

Nice Gosling there mate!  Are hollow points legal now then - or are they for folks who REALLY upset you!!

Hman

Quote from: deathjester on March 16, 2013, 11:01:13 AM
Nice Gosling there mate!  Are hollow points legal now then - or are they for folks who REALLY upset you!!

Yes the Police can use hollow points as they are not covered by the 'conventions'.
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Martin H

Quote from: deathjester on March 16, 2013, 11:01:13 AM
Are hollow points legal now then - or are they for folks who REALLY upset you!!

They better be, seeing Hank happens to be one of London's finest.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Glock 17 and correct on the taser....hollow point to prevent over penetration and not covered by geneva convention
Got a few things more to do on the gosling then decal it....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester