Mystery P-38

Started by Librarian, March 13, 2013, 08:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

deliciously astonishing indeed!  <_<

and the painting scheme is not the least weird, with the black cutting off a roundel?  :o

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on March 19, 2013, 12:31:33 PM
Delicious, I will try drawing it
Is this simplified sketch acceptable? or wrong?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

Oh yes, and wow :wub:! She actually looks flyable (almost). Tophe, you're going to love the next project :rolleyes:.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Awesome work......!!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

That's great - in a bonkers kind of way.... ;) :thumbsup:

One of these years I'm going to do something like that but with another engine on the back of the cockpit pod.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Beanflick

What a brilliant concept and masterfully executed! :bow:

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Neat idea too. I liked the original float combo better, but I guess this way makes more sense.

Great job !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Haven't really committed myself to anything new since the return from Hols but I really wanted to upgrade this rather unique aircraft. I didn't like the colour scheme, mission plan, original vertical tail and angle of floats. The nose section has been replaced with the part for the droopsnoot, tail replaced, floats re-angled and colour scheme changed. New contraprop for better stability etc:

Putting some serious thought into doing the same with a Mustang...the wing roots present quite a challenge ;D.

Tophe

:wub: :wub: Wonderful, thanks to put this one again on top of the list "to do"... :thumbsup:

Librarian

Quote from: Tophe on September 17, 2013, 09:39:17 AM
:wub: :wub: Wonderful, thanks to put this one again on top of the list "to do"... :thumbsup:

Hi Tophe. Many thanks. Do you have any drawings for an asymmetric P-51. I need some inspiration.

Tophe

Our friend ericr built a genius asymmetric float-Mustang. I may check where it is on this site. And I made several asymmetric Mustang drawings. Most is on my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Suite_Mustangs_V.htm

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 17, 2013, 10:19:42 AM
Our friend ericr built a genius asymmetric float-Mustang. I may check where it is on this site.
at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.945.html (thanks again ericr) :wub:

Librarian

OH MY GOD!! Fantastic stuff, don't know where to begin. Thanks for all, very inspirational.

Tophe

A little summary for you:

(from P-82 and P-51)