Hitler's ride...Mercedes Benz

Started by matrixone, March 15, 2013, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the 1/72 scale Hasegawa Mercedes Benz German staff car I just finished a couple hours ago.

The model was built O.O.B. and painted with Model Master enamels, the chrome parts were first primed with gloss black and then sprayed with Alclad II Chrome.
This kit had no decals...the dashboard, license plate numbers, and flags are stickers.

Matrixone

eatthis

no matter what i do i cant get that much shine with alclad (polished aluminium)  :banghead:
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

dogsbody

" Oh Lord, Won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ? "

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Go4fun

I have to admire people who can build in such a small scale with such great paint and startling details.  :bow:
I'd love pulling up to the market lot in that... with the appropriate headwear and uniform!  :blink: "You VILL give me der parking spot"!  :lol:
I'd have to have custom tag DHS-001 (Department of Homeland Security unit One).  :o
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

That looks srtrong enough to have driven clean through the wall of the control tower if need be!  :o

Super neat modelling.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Yet again another great build and pics to go with it.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TallEng

Ooh! That is nice, and just the right amount of shine too :thumbsup:
Mind with those shiney hubcaps and big wheels it looks like Xzibit has been
Pimping Hiltlers ride ;D
Of course if they had pimped his ride it would be painted white and have a jacuzzi
In the back with Hen party in full flow.... Or am I thinking of Goerings personal ride?

Regards
Keith
(Maybe I should get out more  :blink:)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on March 15, 2013, 11:51:28 PM

Of course if they had pimped his ride it would be painted white and have a jacuzzi
In the back with Hen party in full flow.... Or am I thinking of Goerings personal ride?

Hermann's would have been in pale blue.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Father Ennis

I have the real vehicle in one of my reference books. It's painted bright red with an off white interior. Sweet looking tuck and roll with a matching Luger holster on each rear door.  I've heard there is only one remaining. It's the one that was in Hogan's Heroes !!!!!!   I prefer the red one myself.  Way Kool ride !!!

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on March 16, 2013, 06:52:18 AM
Mercedes have recently built a successor based on the G-wagen:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2013/03/06/a-six-wheeled-mercedes-g-class-could-be-the-ultimate-road-warrior/

I read about that in Autocar Magzine recently. It's a good thing it'll be very expensive or the local 4x4 pickup driving crowd, those who have Japanese trucks called 'Barbarian' or 'Warrior', would all have them!  :wacko:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Expect to see this Mercedes in the background of pics of newer models this year, starting with my two Me 262 what-ifs.

Matrixone

dumaniac

Matrixone

I am looking forward to your 262 builds

cheers

Bernie

Weaver

That's a lovely job matrixone - nice one!

I have one of these models in the stash, but it's there so that I can nick the interior for another vehicle entirely. That will leave me the car to do something disrespectful to.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones