Confederate States Air Force

Started by billi46, March 19, 2013, 01:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ennis

jorel62

I forgot to ask.... What side are you fighting on?

jorel62

billi46

A great job once again  :thumbsup:

Hmm, if the CSA exists, maybe there is also an Imperial Russia (in Alaska ?) with such MiG fighters but no Red Star insignia  ;)

jorel62

Father Ennis

Since you probably don't know,Oklahoma (Indian Territory,at the time) was also a part of the Confederate cause,but wasn't a state at the time. The yankees regularly got their asses kicked by the Confederate's under Stand Whatie. How about an air base from Muskogee or Tahlequah here in North Eastern Oklahoma ???   FYI, the centeral part of the Territories was not settled until after the land runs of the 1880's and the far Western part was under Union control(sort to).  One thing I can assure you is under no circumstances would they use anything like the hated yankees. They would have used roundels not the star and bars of the US. (Not that it doesn't look good)
     I have to say I really like your Badger design. I would like to see someone make a physical model of it !!!

Go4fun

I think he wants something like this:

"Just which planet are you from again"?

billi46

Quote from: jorel62 on March 24, 2013, 02:36:25 PM
A couple from today....

The Badger is great too. Very nice plane  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
With USA flags instead of German cross as victory markings ?  ;)

Go4fun

"Just which planet are you from again"?

Old Wombat

As regards support from Britain; I wouldn't expect much for the CSA, as the Brit's were already stopping slave ships at sea & freeing the captives prior to the American Civil War (the USA itself had a policy of only allowing slaves born in slavery to be traded but it had more holes in it than a collander). Portugal, Spain & France were pretty big supporters of the CSA, though.

As for CSAAF aircraft; which aircraft companies started out in the (former) Confederate States? Hughes? Bell? I really don't know but they would be a good starting point.

I know most vehicles came from the Northern states; so that could be a big point of difference, perhaps? So, maybe, the USA (or FSA) in the north had the better vehicles & armour, while the CSA in the south had the better aircraft?

Markings; I would suggest the square CSA battle flag for the wings & fuselage with state flags for the tail.

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jorel62

Now I'm confused...... Billi46, your CSAF is fighting with the Axis?

Father Ennis, I agree with you 100%. But, don't forget the USA did use a roundel for a period of time. So, maybe in Billi46's what-if world. The USA never stopped using the roundel?      I don't know

Old Wombat

There were/are some significant points of similarity (starting with institutionalised racism) &, if they're flying German planes?... But I suspect he meant it more along the lines of the USA/FSA still being at war with the CSA, or engaged in hot border incidents, at least.

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

billi46

Quote from: jorel62 on March 25, 2013, 05:03:13 AM
Now I'm confused...... Billi46, your CSAF is fighting with the Axis?

Well, just because it's odd to see a Fw-190 (mixed F4U) with German crosses as Victory markings  ;)

Old Wombat is right. I don't know if CSA would fight with or against the Axis during an alternate WW2, but they could fight in a new war againt FSA too. I also agree with the idea of American aircrafts manufacturers settled in the CSA.

Hotte

Quote from: jorel62 on March 24, 2013, 02:36:25 PM
A couple from today....

Looks good.
There should be more contrast to the U.S. Aircraft.
It is of course the question of where the CSA would be politically 1940?

Hotte

Hotte

Fiat G. 55 CSA 1. FS  ;D

Hotte