What next?

Started by TheSybarite, March 23, 2013, 08:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSybarite

I'm making lamentably little progress on my Marineflieger Harrier GR.9 but have already bought a Hasegawa A-7A which is going to be in early 1970s Royal Navy colours. But the imagination keeps bubbling up, so here are some of the plans I've been hatching:

Royal Hungarian Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon
Luftwaffe HS Buccaneer
Royal Hungarian Air Force Saab Draken
Spanish Air Force Focke-Wulf Ta-183

NARSES2

Now the idea of a Royal Hungarian AF interests me a lot. I have similar ideas but for a Federal Austro Hungary. Franz Ferdinad (he who was assasinated at Sarejevo) had some quite detailed plans for a Federal Austro Hungary with greater autonomy for the individual constituents.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: TheSybarite on March 23, 2013, 08:17:54 AMLuftwaffe HS Buccaneer

On this board I doubt you could go wrong with a Buccaneer idea! The backstory could involve Lockheed being unable to come up with the bribe money, which occurred in the real world and influenced the Germans to order the F-104G for their marine strike requirements. They were very interested in the Bucc to replace their Sea Hawks.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheSybarite

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2013, 05:01:53 AM
Now the idea of a Royal Hungarian AF interests me a lot. I have similar ideas but for a Federal Austro Hungary. Franz Ferdinad (he who was assasinated at Sarejevo) had some quite detailed plans for a Federal Austro Hungary with greater autonomy for the individual constituents.

The brief backstory is that the Central Powers fight the Allies to a standstill in 1918, the armistice terms are a lot more generous, Austria-Hungary breaks apart but Hungary retains its pre-War territory, and, after a short Communist interlude, the Habsburg monarchy is restored in Budapest but Austria goes republican. So we have a continuing Kingdom of Hungary.

NARSES2

Interesting scenario and I could see Hungary going the way you have suggested in 1918/1919. Without losing the territory it lost with the Treaty of Trianon it is a very large country by European standards.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheSybarite

At some point I want to a Hungarian Leopard 1 and a B1 Centuro from a hussar unit, possibly as part of KFOR.

Captain Canada

Stay Navy and do the Buccaneer.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheSybarite

It's going to be an Imperial Luftwaffe Buccaneer. Possibly Gulf War, possibly Kosovo.

lancer

Quote from: The Rat on March 24, 2013, 05:37:36 AM
Quote from: TheSybarite on March 23, 2013, 08:17:54 AMLuftwaffe HS Buccaneer

On this board I doubt you could go wrong with a Buccaneer idea! The backstory could involve Lockheed being unable to come up with the bribe money, which occurred in the real world and influenced the Germans to order the F-104G for their marine strike requirements. They were very interested in the Bucc to replace their Sea Hawks.

I agree with you Rat-san. If you remember I did a Luftwaffe Bucc SEAD version a few years back theat went down well...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

TheSybarite

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2013, 08:02:52 AM
Interesting scenario and I could see Hungary going the way you have suggested in 1918/1919. Without losing the territory it lost with the Treaty of Trianon it is a very large country by European standards.

I'm thinking a post-WW2 (whole *other* story) Hungarian Air Force largely equipped with Swedish products: Draken, Viggen, Gripen, then Typhoon.

NARSES2

Thats a nice idea. What were you thinking of for national markings ?

TheSybarite

Probably along the lines of the inter-War Hungarian AF.

NARSES2

Very nice sir - I look forward to them  :thumbsup: