Who likes OV-10 Bronco's?

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 25, 2013, 07:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

yesterday, i went to the 2nd annual "OV-10 Bronco Fan Day" at Wevelghem Airport, home of the OV-10 Bronco Demo Team.
during this small but pleasant event, i had the oportunity to talk to the team and had a chance to look arround outside and inside the OV-10B. on display was the teams newest aquasition, the OV-10B 99+18, an aircraft that spent the last 20 years in a museum and is currently being restored to flying condition, replacing another OV-10B, 99+32, witch was lost in a crash in Kemble/Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, last year.

all photo's from the fan day can be found on my website:

http://www.freewebs.com/nilssteyaert/apps/blog/entries/show/25038319-bronco-fan-day-2013

or alternative link (deu to problems with the photobucket hosting)

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/Nilssteyaert/library/Bronco%20Fan%20Day%202013?page=1

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Cool! Nice little selection of aircraft there. Do they all (or will they all) fly?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 25, 2013, 07:38:43 AM
Cool! Nice little selection of aircraft there. Do they all (or will they all) fly?

well, they are all airworthy, but the team solely flies the Bronco, the other aircraft there are from other private owners, just to give the event a little diversaty.
orriginally, the team plans to own 3 OV-10's and fly formations, another Bronco is curretnly under restoration in Duxford, but i dont know about the 3rd.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Super looking aircraft, with an amazing soundtrack. The engines run at 100% throttle the entire time as I recall, and they vary the power with the props! Didn't one of our US mebers here fly them in the past?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

When I was assigned to the 22nd Tactical Air Support Squadron back in '87 they were still flying Broncos. As a forward air controller I was impressed with their manoverability. I recall one mission where the Bronco pilot flew up a canyon, pulled up at the last minute, did a 180 at the top of the climb and rolled out almost straight down on the target. The Army commander I was working with was suitably impressed. After that he also thought the Air Force was nuts.
Yes, I like Broncos.
A demo team would be quite a show.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

I always thought the handles on the nose in various kits were oversize.  Obviously I was mistaken.  Always liked the Bronco ever since I saw them on the TV in the 1960s in use in Vietnam.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

LOVE the Bronco. Bought the add-on for FSX last year but for whatever reason it won't fly. Spoke to the (un)Helpdesk they were next to useless.

Anybody built an OV-10 'What If' ??, don't recall seeing any.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Go4fun

I love the Bronco! Put anti-armor missiles on it and you have a little brother for the A-10 Warthog! :D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on March 26, 2013, 08:23:47 PM
LOVE the Bronco. Bought the add-on for FSX last year but for whatever reason it won't fly. Spoke to the (un)Helpdesk they were next to useless.

I've had its never built cargo derivative, the CV-10, in build for the last 3 years!  :banghead:

See thread here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23381.0.html

I really MUST get on and do it, I had problems with finding a windshield but then one of our number donated a vast selection of them to me, either Gondor or kitbasher, I'm ashamed to say I can't remember who, so sorry. And I found a pack of Thermoform so I could make my own if I got my finger out. I feel a new bout of 'CV-10-ishness' coming on when I get home.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

MiB

Who likes OV-10 Bronco's?
Me!  :wub: :thumbsup: :tornado:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Green Dragon

Love me Bronco's!  :wub: Thanks for posting the pics Nils.  :thumbsup:
Stash has three Academy A's + one D, one Airfix A + four D's, one Revell A and a Testors 1/48th OV-10A. One of the Airfix D's is wreck so the plan is for it to be made into something similar to PR19 Kits CV-10 using a wrecked Do28 fuselage.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2013, 11:19:48 PM

I've had its never built cargo derivative, the CV-10, in build for the last 3 years!  :banghead:

See thread here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23381.0.html

I really MUST get on and do it, I had problems with finding a windshield but then one of our number donated a vast selection of them to me, either Gondor or kitbasher, I'm ashamed to say I can't remember who, so sorry. And I found a pack of Thermoform so I could make my own if I got my finger out. I feel a new bout of 'CV-10-ishness' coming on when I get home.  ;D
Twas I Kit,hopefully one will be the key to you finishing the CV-10 as I would love to see what it is like in the flesh.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sandiego89

Well that is the first aviation group I have seen with cheerleaders and pom poms  ;) 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

ericr

like float plane versions?

I have this :

and that :

(after the waterworld attraction)

PR19_Kit

LOVE the single float version, up there in bizarreness with the rest of the aeroplane!

Sorry I didn't credit you correctly with the 'windscreen collection' Chris.  :banghead:

Now I really WILL have to get going on the 'CV Shed' when I get home.  ;D

Regards
Kit