ORP "Judgement Day" 1:250 RC battleship FINISHED!!

Started by wacek85, April 03, 2013, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

FINALLY!

After nearly four years my polish battleship of the future - "Judgement Day" is finished. Yesterday there was a first launch and trial run.

Unlucky for some unexpected spectators...

...launch was succesful...

...so unprepared enemies had to leave in a hurry:)

Film and some photos from trial run :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPaPHQIJ_CA&feature=youtu.be

deathjester

Gondor

It looks as if it's trimmed a little too far aft to me, but then I don't know ships

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

wacek85

Quote from: Gondor on April 03, 2013, 03:14:41 PM
It looks as if it's trimmed a little too far aft to me, but then I don't know ships

Gondor

You're right. It'll be corrected as soon as possible. Sadly I didn't saw it during bath trials.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jsport

Quote from: deathjester on April 03, 2013, 02:23:30 PM
What a beauty!!  Well done Sir  :bow:

ditto the above..three cheers..finally someone shows these birds we're not afraid of them :lol:

Weaver

Looks cool - is this from a Sci-Fi movie or your own invention? Great either way...

Looking at the video, it not only looks to be trimmed down a bit at the stern, but also on the left hand side.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

wacek85

Quote from: jsport on April 21, 2013, 06:09:36 AM
Quote from: deathjester on April 03, 2013, 02:23:30 PM
What a beauty!!  Well done Sir  :bow:

ditto the above..three cheers..finally someone shows these birds we're not afraid of them :lol:

Thank you :)

Quote from: JoeP on April 20, 2013, 07:08:16 PM
Yer a nutter! That's crazy!  ;D

Quote from: Weaver on April 21, 2013, 07:58:40 AM
Looks cool - is this from a Sci-Fi movie or your own invention? Great either way...

Looking at the video, it not only looks to be trimmed down a bit at the stern, but also on the left hand side.

I know about trimming. I'm working on it :) Sadly , I've tried to trim it in bathtub before launch and everything looked allright but on the lake bad triimming become visible.

Popeye

this is so cool.   Lindberg line had a motorized boat or two,  if my memory serves me right.  you did a superb job with this project :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Popeye on August 03, 2013, 06:31:44 PM
this is so cool.   Lindberg line had a motorized boat or two,  if my memory serves me right. 

The 'Blue Devil' destroyer being one of them, and it's STILL available now too.

I put old style R/C gear in a 'Blue Devil' for a demo at the Model Engineer Exhibition in the 70s and then spent lots of time diving to the bottom of the pool to recover the darn thing when it sunk, which it did frequently!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 04, 2013, 02:01:54 AM
Quote from: Popeye on August 03, 2013, 06:31:44 PM
this is so cool.   Lindberg line had a motorized boat or two,  if my memory serves me right. 

The 'Blue Devil' destroyer being one of them, and it's STILL available now too.

I put old style R/C gear in a 'Blue Devil' for a demo at the Model Engineer Exhibition in the 70s and then spent lots of time diving to the bottom of the pool to recover the darn thing when it sunk, which it did frequently!  :banghead:
I got one for Christmas/Birthday (they are 5 days apart, talk about double the presents, sometimes :P ) and it was supposed to be a project for my dad and I to work on. Several years later, still in pieces, and I want to get rid of it, lol.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*