Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

That's a fair old commute mate, not unusual down my neck of the woods, but elsewhere slightly unusual.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

"El prometido" will often say I "have too much stuff". She would cite my inability to find a manual set of calipers, no digital readout, because of this. Anyway I have formulated a new responce. "I don't have too much stuff, what I have is just badly organised"

Still not found the older metal calipers which have a locking wheel on them. Very useful when your wanting to compair that two items are the same distance apart.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Gondor on April 29, 2020, 08:05:07 AM
<...> "I don't have too much stuff, what I have is just badly organised" <...>

Is that a good basis for discussion?  ;D Looks like you're jumping out of the frying pan into something potentially worse.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gondor

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 29, 2020, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: Gondor on April 29, 2020, 08:05:07 AM
<...> "I don't have too much stuff, what I have is just badly organised" <...>

Is that a good basis for discussion?  ;D Looks like you're jumping out of the frying pan into something potentially worse.  :wacko:

I'm sure it's ok. She was helping me catalogue my stash before we started lockdown By having her engage in what I am doing she gets to understand what I am doing and why I have so much of what she calls "stuff"She now has a small and growing stash and when here was working on an Airfix model of a modern Mini.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Got an email from work today saying that my furlough is to extend another month but will be reviewed on a weekly basis.

Sounds as if I should get back into Kerbal space program which can soak up hours of time.

Also a chance I may finish something for the current group build

One of the above if a lie

Gondor

Gondor

Not done a shred of modelling since Friday. I am putting this down to finding out that I am on furlough for at least May and that my colleague will more likely start furlough next week for the rest of the month partly due to a lack of work from both a lack of orders and a lack of parts due to a supplier having shut down. So understandably I am a little low, add to that not seeing  "El prometido" for seven weeks now is also not good at all!!  :banghead: :banghead:

With the money I am not spending on petrol I have indulged in some retail therapy, unfortunately one of my purchases direct from Special Hobby has been given the wrong address label as I have received a kit for someone in France  :unsure:

Gondor

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on May 05, 2020, 03:20:44 AM
...With the money I am not spending on petrol I have indulged in some retail therapy, unfortunately one of my purchases direct from Special Hobby has been given the wrong address label as I have received a kit for someone in France  :unsure:

Gondor

What is it?  Anything interesting you wouldn't have usually bought?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Have those intakes arrived yet?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on May 05, 2020, 04:10:39 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 05, 2020, 03:20:44 AM
...With the money I am not spending on petrol I have indulged in some retail therapy, unfortunately one of my purchases direct from Special Hobby has been given the wrong address label as I have received a kit for someone in France  :unsure:

Gondor

What is it?  Anything interesting you wouldn't have usually bought?

What I was sent was a Lockheed Vega Floatplane which is not my usual fair.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 05, 2020, 04:23:51 AM
Have those intakes arrived yet?

Not yet but it could arrive later today or even tomorrow Lee, will let you know when that happens.

Gondor

Gondor

So this afternoon I eventually received an order from my "local" model shop so I have a fresh supply of mu favourite glue, only taken a week from ordering  :-\

Amoung things that have arrived today was the third in the current Secret Project series by Crecy, this third volume on American aircraft cover airlifter for which I have a couple of kits stashed away for one of the items on page 51  :wacko:

Lots of cut and shunt so it's something that I will enjoy doing untill it gets to the PSR part of the build. DEcals are on their way as well though they were intended for one of the VC-10's I have in the stash by Roden

Gondor

Gondor

Retail therapy is working, a little.

Started another little project, a Mach 2 A.W. Argosy  :rolleyes:

Several Bf-109's were also in my recent purchases that arrived today. a "Joy Pack" by AZ Models which has three kits in the one box, my initial thoughts on the kit's are WoW, looks to be of a simmilar standard to Eduard's 1/72 Spitfires and with almost as many spare parts. OK, the box has no decals in it but they can be obtained with very little difficulty as the aircraft is a popular subject for after market decals. The Pegasus kit is fitted comfortably into a quite small bag and has some nice surface detail too, might use some of the spares from the AZ kits to enhance the H though, wheels etc depending what's available and what I consider it may need.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

You can't really compare the AZ Spitfires to the Eduard ones.  The former are good and were the gold standard for mk IXs (the VIII was a bit more less refined) and then Eduard brought theirs out and literally blew away all the competition.  Even the much vaunted CMR.  Eduard's Spitfires knock them out of the ballpark too.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Think you better re read my post Leee. I didn't compare the AZ Spitfires to the Eduard ones.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on May 09, 2020, 08:13:24 AM

Several Bf-109's were also in my recent purchases that arrived today. a "Joy Pack" by AZ Models which has three kits in the one box, my initial thoughts on the kit's are WoW, looks to be of a simmilar standard to Eduard's 1/72 Spitfires and with almost as many spare parts.

Totally agree. I've built a couple of their 109's and they are fantastic. The K-6 is one of the best kits I've built  :thumbsup: I've a few more in the stash including a couple of the Wiffer's, the V tail G's and the K-14.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Kit was asking about how the TF-102 goes together, well I have just finished removeing enough resin to get the main parts to fit  :drink:

Next on the ajenda is to wash the three parts I have worked on so far, the forward fuselage, the nose wheel bay and the cockpit tub. Then I can prime the wheel bay and cockpit tub and fuselage interor and even get on with the fuselage which I have already cut the cockpit off but I think it will further trimming to fit the replacement cockpit onto it. I should probably clean up a little as there is enough white dust around here to make the casual observer think that there has been an exlplosion in a cocke factory or something  :blink:

Gondor