Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 07, 2021, 01:12:26 PM
I haaaaaate it sometimes when they do updates that seem to make things worse or cause problems. Glad you got them back.

Me too.

The most notable change is the Favourites list. No panel down the side now but a larger panel that will open sub folders if you keep the pointer over them and all accessed through an underlined star in the overflow section for me. Taking a bit of getting used to but I will get there.

I was so med at the darn thing. It would not even save anything to the empty favourites list which was why I was going to remove then reinstall as I guessed that it was a corrupted install because of that.

It works now which is the main thing though  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Glad you got it sorted, but I do hate it when they make system changes like this and don't even warn you about it  :angry: I swear three quarters of these system changes are made because the IT companies employ thousands of systems development people and have to justify the expense so get them to design and make changes that aren't really necessary. I could go on, but won't. Rant over  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Off work today with the remains of a bowel problem and I feel as if I am coming down with a head cold, hopefully not the flu  :banghead:

Modelling wise been spending more money of things for some of the kits I have, and another kit as well  :rolleyes:

So bit's on order include some parts for the AH-56C, decals, etch for the cockpits of one Vulcan and a Victor and cockpit etch for my two Airfix "new" Buccaneers, one Navy and one RAF. The kit is the Modelsvit Mirage 4000 that DogfighterZen got recently, my intent is to make it a two seater Mirage IV replacement.

I am wanting to reprint a drawing/overlay that I think Aeroplane driver posted on a thread to do with the differences between the J-8 versions. However my printer has decided that it doesn't like the ink cartrages I have fitted in it so they need to be replaced before I get to print the drawing out on A3 paper and hopefully to scale which will save a lot of effort later on matching parts to size.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

It's been a bit of an odd week for me. The trains to work have been great, Stirling to Edinburgh train has been fast so I have made my connection at Edinburgh Park every day I have been going in, today though it was the busses that messed up and I got to work the latest I have all week, almost forty from getting to Livingston when normally its around twenty minutes  :banghead: thankfully with today being Friday we have a short day so no problem.
Yesterday I was a bit peeved at the laces for my boots. I knew the lace in the right bot was worn but the left lace broke when I was putting my boots on. New laces taken out of the draw and fitted, same thing, left lace broke and this was a new pair of laces as well!!  :banghead: :banghead: So on with the trainers as I didn't really have time to mess around or I would miss my train!
Another spare pair of laces, my preferred brand, were retrieved from work and fitted to my boots last night, no problems at all! Need to get a new pair of boots though as these are starting to sound as if the heels are letting in water.
Nearly bought a Zvezda C-130J-30 today. Decided to go into Edinburgh Haymarket train station on the way home just to find out which platforms I would need to go to if I miss my stop in the mornings, or my connection is leaving as I get to my stop. Found out that I had just missed a train home and the next was not for an hour! Do I go to Wonderland or not  :-\  Decided against visiting Wonderland as keeping my feet dry is more important, but only just this month...
Also got time off approved for next Friday so I can get back to Stirling in time to get my Covid booster and Flu jabs  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

With regard to a two seat canopy for the Mirage 4000, I have just checked a couple of canopies and the F-14 looks much more useable than the F-15 two seater canopy, I'm sure I have an old Hasegawa  F-14 somewhere that will happily donate it's canopy.

Gondor

Gondor

While having a small tidy up I found that I have a Special Hobby Folland Gnat F.1 Simple Set and that I had started it. I must be getting old or something to forget this little cracker of a kit. Anyway, looking at the instruction it will act as a nice test piece for the Hataka paint I bought fairly recently, High Speed Silver undersides with Dark Green and either Dark or Medium Sea Grey upper surfaces which are all in the set I got. Decals from a Modeldecal Vampire set, probably Aux Royal Air Force squadron or an obscure squadron.

Gondor

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on November 14, 2021, 03:49:12 AM
While having a small tidy up I found that I have a Special Hobby Folland Gnat F.1 Simple Set and that I had started it. I must be getting old or something to forget this little cracker of a kit. Anyway, looking at the instruction it will act as a nice test piece for the Hataka paint I bought fairly recently, High Speed Silver undersides with Dark Green and either Dark or Medium Sea Grey upper surfaces which are all in the set I got. Decals from a Modeldecal Vampire set, probably Aux Royal Air Force squadron or an obscure squadron.

Gondor

..which is why you either should have an ironclad knowledge of your stashTM - or not, allowing for careless resupply.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Used some of the Hataka paint earlier today. I like it. Not too thin and great coverage with depth of colour so I will probably end up buying some more of these paints in time but to before I do I will finish this build as all the exterior colours are in the set I have.
I might look at the Lifecolour range as well, I used their Admiralty Dark Grey for the cockpit and that has worked well, drying quickly.

Gondor

zenrat

It's a sign that a stash has reached maturity when 1) each dive into it reveals things you forgot you had, b) you can't find something you are sure you have, and iii) both 1) and b) happen simultaneously and the result is happiness as while you didn't find what you were looking for you are satisfied with that thing you found which you had forgotten you had.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Fred, it's also a singe that I should keep my stash list up to date.  :banghead:

Progress on the Gnat is ok, using the acrylics is helping me keep on top of it although I have taken a step backwards with the painting of the cockpit due to my own ham fistedness when dry brushing by putting too much paint on the side consoles and forgetting the detail of one side wall. With the use of acrylics that can be dealt with this evening when with enamels it would be two evenings.

Gondor

NARSES2

That Special Hobby Gnat is a really nice kit  :thumbsup:

As for Hataka ? They are now my preferred brand of acrylics, as might be guessed by some of my posts on site  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Been Double Vaccinated today, Covid in my left arm and Flu in the right. This does not mean you can call me John Prescott!

Gondor

Gondor

One of the things I was told when I was vacinated today was to keep hydrated, so that's the kettle on again for about the sixth time since I got home  ;D

Gondor

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on November 19, 2021, 07:47:31 AM
Been Double Vaccinated today, Covid in my left arm and Flu in the right. This does not mean you can call me John Prescott!

Gondor

And this morning I felt as if I had been hit by Mr Two Jabs. Mr Prescott got the name from a time when he was pelted with a raw egg at close range and being an ex boxer he reacted. When told off by Mr Blair for his actions he replied "I was simple following your instructions Tony, engaging with the public".

Gondor

Gondor

The week started out not too bad. Thursday evening it took a nosedive as I got home to find that my other half had been over. That was something unusual anyway, what was worse was that she took all her things and left her door key.
She has not been having a great time with life this year, her dad getting ill then passing of Covid has hit her hard, there has been no help for her to deal with this as the resources are not there due to all the other deaths which has not helped matters. She did talk about breaking up with me last weekend, I could tell she was sure this was the thing to do but with her taking her things means she has gone through with it. So if you don't see me here much that's why.
On the other hand I had a nice little train trip to Edinburgh yesterday, then about half an hour later back home. Points failure to get on the line to Livingston where I work. Busses were being organised, but to where and how long would they take etc, etc. So I phoned work and explained what was happening and was given the ok to take the day off as it was something out of my control and it being a Friday it was a short day anyway.

Gondor