Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on December 11, 2021, 10:50:18 AMPoints failure to get on the line to Livingston where I work. Busses were being organised, but to where and how long would they take etc, etc. So I phoned work and explained what was happening and was given the ok to take the day off as it was something out of my control and it being a Friday it was a short day anyway.

That's the one thing I'm not fond of commuting by rail (heavy and light). 

And condolences on the break up.  Last year was tough on everyone.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Sorry to hear about the breakup. All this crap going on is messing up a lot of people's lives.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

I'm so sorry to learn about this. It's an unbelievably shitty year indeed. :(

My sincere hopes that you won't lose your way, even if others have, and that the Christmas despite this turns out better than anticipated.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on December 11, 2021, 03:15:50 PM

My sincere hopes that you won't lose your way, even if others have, and that the Christmas despite this turns out better than anticipated.

Agreed!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Sorry to hear about the breakup Alistair, it can be very hard indeed, been there, but you do get through it, especially with the help of friends.

Best of luck mate

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on December 11, 2021, 03:15:50 PM

Not going to lose my way as I have had very little contact with her for the last couple of months, in fact since we lost her dad the amount of contact has gotten less and less as time has gone on so I have kind of been weaned off her.

Saying that I had difficulty sleeping last night because I missed her so much.

Not doing Christmass or the New Year, the rest of the family have been told that.

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 12, 2021, 01:13:17 AM

Sorry to hear about the breakup Alistair, it can be very hard indeed, been there, but you do get through it, especially with the help of friends.

Best of luck mate

Chris

We tend to be a solitary bunch Chris and most of my friends are on here.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Gondor on December 12, 2021, 03:55:43 AM
Not doing Christmass or the New Year, the rest of the family have been told that.

Don't hide from your family, it doesn't help. It seems like it will but it won't. You only huddle deeper in the hole.

Best of luck mate

Chris

Gondor

Precisely! So don't hide from us, either, &, if you feel the need, let it all out!

We may all be fume-crazed hermit loons but we're supportive fume-crazed hermit loons, & there's quite a lot of life experience packed into this bunch! ;D

.... Fair chunks of it in certain nameless individuals. :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 12, 2021, 05:55:42 AM

Don't hide from your family, it doesn't help. It seems like it will but it won't. You only huddle deeper in the hole.

Best of luck mate

Chris

Gondor

Precisely! So don't hide from us, either, &, if you feel the need, let it all out!

We may all be fume-crazed hermit loons but we're supportive fume-crazed hermit loons, & there's quite a lot of life experience packed into this bunch! ;D

.... Fair chunks of it in certain nameless individuals. :angel:

Pretty much to the point, I would say. Stick to the family you have, and use us without any doubt whatsoever.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on December 12, 2021, 08:33:44 AM

Pretty much to the point, I would say. Stick to the family you have, and use us without any doubt whatsoever.  :thumbsup:

You don't know one of my sisters.....

Keeping myself busy though. Working all the way up to Xmass as I used up all my holidays through the year and as all I am doing for Xmass is cooking for me and the cat, he likes chicken, there is no real problem. The AH-56 is progressing well as my mojp is good with this one.
Other things that are happening, The modelling room is getting a little bit more organised. A couple of weeks ago I added the last book case to the room which is meant to be for storing stalled builds. This in turn is clearing some space on the bench, I can almost see the cutting mat  :o  I have to really get on with fixing boards in the loft so I can organise the storage boxes up there better and add more once I fill them will kits from the modelling room which means not only more chance of seeing the top of the bench, but space for some of the larger projects I have without haveing to move to the dining table!.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Lost Cosmonauts

Sorry about your break-up, these last couple of years have been hard in a myriad of ways. Hope you're doing well
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 18, 2021, 02:30:39 AM
Sorry about your break-up, these last couple of years have been hard in a myriad of ways. Hope you're doing well

Hardly seen her this year as she spent a lot of the year looking after her mum which in a way has made things a bit easier. Saying that it's still very difficult at times.

Gondor

Gondor

I hate my guts.
No, literally I do!
I have Diverticulitis, thankfully I only appear to get constipation or diarrhea and none of the other horrible things that can happen with it.
So this morning before my alarm went off which means it was sometime after 4am a rather rapid trip to the bathroom happened. Then the bottom fell out of my world, opps I mean the world fell out of my bottom  :blink: :banghead:
So yet another day off work as there was no way I was trusting myself to travel.
Today, once I got up, so that should be "this afternoon" I am pottering around with the AH-56 working on the engine area.
Over the weekend I did some tidying up of the model bench. It's like any other model project, a work in progress. I did get a new light to help with general work at the bench though.

Still lots to do though but it's getting there. I need to get into the loft and finish putting the floor down, That will be done duering the holidays, then it's boxing more kits and putting them into the loft which then frees up more space in the book cases either side of the bench so that more of the stuff on the bench can but tidied up and stored better in the book cases with the hope that I will manage to build on the whole bench and not the postage stamp sized area that's available at the moment.

Well that's the plan anyway  :-\

Gondor

kerick

Looks about like my workspace at times. :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on December 20, 2021, 07:17:14 AM
I hate my guts.
No, literally I do!
I have Diverticulitis..

A close friend just got that diagnose after having fainted in her home from stomach pain. She's now on strict diet to try to get things back into operation, but she is far from her old self, sadly.
My sincere hopes for a miraculous improvement on your side. They can happen, I have read when reading up for my friend.

Rheged

Sounds no fun at all, Alastair.  All I can offer is sympathy, and you're welcome to wholesale quantities of that.  Best of luck with the tidying up project.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet