Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

There's a lot of Hawk in it, but.. SAAB 38, a.k.a B3LA?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on March 27, 2022, 01:38:34 PM
There's a lot of Hawk in it, but.. SAAB 38, a.k.a B3LA?

That was actually a bit of a trick question as at the moment is is all Italeri Hawk 100 kit with a little look like a CASA C0101 Aiviojet look about it at the moment with it's jet pipe cut out.

You have given me an idea of manufacturer/operator though, we shall see where it goes though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Do keep an eye on your respiratory issues, though - having had asthma since I were a lil'un, I can confirm that being able to breathe is wonderful, and not being able to isn't...
If it doesn't clear up in a couple of months, might I suggest an x-ray? After several visits to the doctor over a couple of years, it was one of those that actually helped them eventually diagnose pneumonia...

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 27, 2022, 09:07:41 PM
Do keep an eye on your respiratory issues, though - having had asthma since I were a lil'un, I can confirm that being able to breathe is wonderful, and not being able to isn't...
If it doesn't clear up in a couple of months, might I suggest an x-ray? After several visits to the doctor over a couple of years, it was one of those that actually helped them eventually diagnose pneumonia...

The nurse at the Doctor's I go to has me filling in a form to track my use of a Peak Flow Meter and that has to be handed back in three weeks time. When I could not get my breath back as quickly as I expected a few weeks ago I became very aware of my breathing and the fact that I am currently finding myself feeling as if I am short of breath, or at least should be able to take in more air.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Not wanting to worry you, but get them to check for Long Covid. One of me mates has it and another thought he might.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 28, 2022, 03:38:55 AM
Not wanting to worry you, but get them to check for Long Covid. One of me mates has it and another thought he might.

The practice nurse did suggest that it might be that seeing that its just over a year since I had the dam bug.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on March 28, 2022, 05:43:35 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 28, 2022, 03:38:55 AM

The practice nurse did suggest that it might be that seeing that its just over a year since I had the dam bug.

Gondor

Cool, as long as they and you are keeping a close eye on the situation, and are aware of the various options.  :thumbsup:

Stay safe, keep well  ;)

Gondor

Day off today for a dental appointment which was cancelled by the Dentist's as the dentist had to take the day off at short notice. The Dental surgery were kind enough, unlike on February the 17th, to pass on my decision not to have my extractions done by injection but to go for general anaesthetic. Much relief to myself over that as four teeth being removed, probably three and remaining parts of a fourth, is quite a lot and if any of the three go the same way as the fourth which had sort of fallen slowly to bits then being fully out for the count makes things easier for the dentist.
Didn't manage to get any modelling done which is a shame, the parts for my Super Hunter have been moved forwards the front of the modelling table with the hope that I shall be able to get some work done on that tomorrow. Two more sets of Revell Hunter wings need work on them as well so I hope to make some progress with them too. I also must do the detail painting in the Hawk cockpits I have for the '75 T.2 versions with decals for both on their way from Hannants.
Another pair of '75 T.2 conversions turned up today from Freightdog, ordered two days ago as well. This pair from Colin will have at least one being fitted to a Hawk 200. That reminds me that I need someone to copy a couple of parts for a Hawk 200 as I was sent two fuselages sides that were the same rather than a left and a right so I need the appropriate side copied. If I was to do any casting it would probably be once every ten years that I have enough parts to copy or make to warrant doing such a thing but if someone else does such a thing regularly...

Gondor

Gondor

While in town today I popped into my local "The Works" just to see what was there model wise. Airfix TopGun F/A 18 and the 1/48 Hunter which was going for £30. Didn't buy anything though.

Gondor

Gondor

Part of my currant builds are tribute builds for Mike, however with fitting several Freightdog/Silver Cloud conversion sets together I am in the middle of creating a Hunter based model that is more resin than Revell. This has lead me to wondering if it should have a P number such as P,1101, P1082 or P.1109 as I am using all three conversions for this aircraft.
The three P numbers added together then divided by three comes to 1097.333 recurring. The whole numbers 1097 and 1098 where the P.1097 was a Hunter with 50o wing sweep and an RB.106 for power and the P.1098 was a twin engined transport aircraft  :-\
In fact looking at the projects listed in Putnam book on Hawker aircraft, what I am creating is a cross between a P.1092 and a P.1093 which still leaves me wondering what to call it other than a Super Hunter.
Any Ideas guys?

Gondor

NARSES2

P.1105 wasn't used and it's in-between a couple of Hunter developments/projects
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I thought P.1086 was the only on they didn't use.

I was going to ask what the P.1105 was, until my brain got connected.............  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Looking again at the Putnam book I realise that after P.1109 there is a gap up to the P.1114 and P.1115 all three of which are Hunters so I think I shall call it the P.1111 which got into service as the F.Mk17  :thumbsup:
This gives lots or room for other versions and variations to fit around the numbers.

Gondor

Gondor

Can you tell what it is yet?

Gondor

Gondor

Bu@@€r  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just broke a 0.3mm drill bit

That'll teach me to be more carefull with them. Thankfully it wasn't when I was makeing sure that some brass tube wasn't blocked at the ends as I need to cut a couple of smallish lengths as exhaust ports so at some point I need to make sure the ends are not warped or bent from cutting the tube. Have you ever tried threadding a needle? getting a 0.3mm drill bit into a 0.5mm o.d. with 0.3mm i.d. tube is not easy even if my eyes were good.  :unsure:

Gondor