Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Today started out poorly as I forgot to adjust my alarm to account for the fact that I don't make lunch in the morning due to working a half day  :banghead:  Things improved when my cat turned up. Only been out on pawtrole for a week! At the time I am writing this he went out half an hour ago. Better news, other than it's Friday, was a letter I found behind the door when I got home with a date for my first eye op, the ninth of next month so I don't know if I will be able to take part in the One Week Group Build or not, eye hope so. See what I did there......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

I have been thinking about building a Whiff using a couple of AZ kits, one I have and I missed out on the other on eBay and which I have found out is OOP  :banghead:
I did find out today that the OOP kit, a Dh. 82B is a target drone used by the Roya Navy and was at times fitted with floats. I have also found out that the Dh. 82A had also been fitted with floats and that KORA has produced conversion sets for both  :thumbsup:
This means that my plans can progress now that I have ordered a conversion set from the BIG yellow H

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rick Lowe

Always good when the Furry Overlord makes their reappearance.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Left my work just after 5pm today and got home just about 7:40pm this evening. Thanks to one train being three or four minuites late I missed another train due to it pulling oout of the station as we arrived  :banghead: :banghead:
No Union is getting my support for what they are doing befcfause they are worried about the rising cost of living and how it's going to affect them!. And these idiots think they are being hard done by when they are on a wage above the average wage for the UK! Tough on them, they can tighten their belts like the rest of us!!
[/rant]

Gondor

Gondor

Not long home from the Dentist today. One tooth less and instructions not to take hot drinks for the rest of the day!!  :o
I am now left wondering how I am going to survive without  copious mugs of tea throughout the rest of the day!!  :banghead:

Gondor

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

There's always fresh brewed iced tea.

Having had much dental work, I also extended much sympathies.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Copious quantities of rum.  When mixed with painkillers, you shouldn't feel anything for a few days.  Trust me, it works.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kerick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 06, 2022, 01:21:38 PM
Copious quantities of rum.  When mixed with painkillers, you shouldn't feel anything for a few days.  Trust me, it works.

As long as you don't have anywhere to go!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on June 06, 2022, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 06, 2022, 01:21:38 PM

As long as you don't have anywhere to go!

Except bed.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

For bad dental pain I have followed this advice I cut and pasted from here - https://boards.straightdope.com/t/toothache-whats-the-best-way-to-kill-the-pain/519226/9

Take 800mg of ibuprofen every six hours (that's a prescription dose). and then 1000 mg of paracetamol every six hours in intervals

So in otherwords at

1pm you take 800mg of ibuprofren
4pm you take 1000mg of paracetamol
7pm you take another 800mg of ibuprofen
10pm you take another 1000mg of paracetamol
1am you take another 800 mg of ibuprofen
4am you take another 1000mg of paracetamol

And so forth

Of course if you have stomach issues you're going to have to reduce the ibuprofen or not take it. If you have more than 2 drinks a day half the dose of paracetamol.
That'll get you till you see a dentist. Obviously I'm not a doctor but when I've had tooth aches, this is what the ER doctors told me to do.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on June 06, 2022, 09:31:08 AM

Sacrilege. Tea should be served hot and in a mug  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2022, 05:53:13 AM

True sacrilege is unsweetened iced tea. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2022, 05:53:13 AM

I firmly 2nd that
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

I gave up drinking tea on September 3rd 1965, the day I got married (the first time....) and left my parent's house.

Coffee for me.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit