Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

This is rather strange, MY Dad died with long term dementia too.  :-\

He didn't even recognise my Mum in his last few months, which was very saddening and upsetting for her, and my brothers and I spent a long time re-assuring her that it was just an issue with his brain and he really had loved her for many, many years beforehand.

Taking advantage of his seemingly enhanced long term memory, a few times I tried getting him to to tell me more about his wartime exploits but I got his usual response to that 'Sorry boy, not allowed to talk about that, ever....' and that was that. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

My dad stopped trying to call me or my siblings by name. That hurt. Thing was he knew something was wrong and it would make him angry when he couldn't remember what it was.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

So due to the age of the TV and associated equipment they needed a new cable which was a SCART at one end and an HDMI connector at the other. I ordered one through Amazon and that arrived the following day so I had to fit it. First though I had to go see about my car as I was told that it was ready, and it was. It is very shiny  :mellow: smells strongly of cleaner, and when I got in it I had to adjust the seat back as it felt as if someone had been driving it laying on their back!
While at my parents I had to go through the controls again for my mum so she could change between channels with widly seperated numbers. Part way through this my dad very forcefully explained that we needed to contact the recipient of a delivery to ensure the size of the package was ok with them :-\
Tonight I had to pop into the local supermarket as my mum said my dad's prescription was ready for collection. I was going there anyway, the car needed fuel and I had a couple of items to buy so it was no problem, Peperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza for dinner tonight, probably while watching MasterChef  :lol:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Pizza was lovely last night, the tv was not bad either, only thing was that I had lost an hour somewhere  :unsure:  so didn't eat untill really late  :banghead:

Not managing to get very far with anything modelling wise. There are two kits I want to finish in the very near future so I can take them to the Scottish Nationals at the end of the month, and of course neither of them are part of the current Group Build, the three builds I have in for that are not moveing very fast either, but then I do say that I build slower than a Glacier moves, and at present that's a Glacier Mint as the ice kind are moveing quite fast with global warming.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Made some progress today. The Mule is starting to get towards the finish line, it will get paint on it tomorrow, and the mystery plane I showed a wingtip of several months ago has had it's camouflage touched up where necessary, mainly on the undercarriage doors and fuel tanks, these will get fitted tomorrow along with the wheels. My Caproni Vizzola F.8 jeeds the canopy fitted and then decals applied hopefully tomorrow, then it should only need the propellor painted and any touch ups. Who knows, I may have three kits finished for Perth next weekend?

On another note, I have been looking at some of my other build ideas such as the Bf 109H-12 I have in mind and for which I have seperated the major componants to see how well they will go together. The wings need some fettling or the rear of the lower place will have a step to the underside of the ailerons. This meant that I had to file not only the upper rear edge of the lower wing, but the rear of the undercarriage bay as well, the ejector pin stubs need removal as well, especially in the outer wing panels or they will get in the way. The only thing that I am going to find difficult with all the pland chopping and changeing of parts is that I am running out of the main undercarriage legs and doors for my builds and I am not sure that I can buy any after market parts to plug the gap as it were.

I am also looking forward to one of the Grooup Builds later in the modelling year. I have a Jaguar planned and have so since some time last year. This will get almost all the aftermarket bit I have thrown at it, etch for the cockpit, drooped flaps on the wings, after-market undercarriage legs and wheels as well as aftermarket exhausts and a clear resin nose too. Decals have also been put into the box and the colour scheme will be a variation of the RAF scheme so no extra plans there, I just can't make up my mind what to hang under it though  :-\  Plenty of time to go though.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Very rare are aftermarket 109 legs and doors, yet wheels are no problem.  I'm thinking of using spare Spitfire legs from the Eduard kit as there are a minimum of two spare sets.

I'll have a think about adding the doors to the side of the fin mould.

Tbh, given the plethora of wheels in the AZ G boxings, there should be more than enough spares.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 22, 2023, 02:23:39 PMVery rare are aftermarket 109 legs and doors, yet wheels are no problem.  I'm thinking of using spare Spitfire legs from the Eduard kit as there are a minimum of two spare sets.

I'll have a think about adding the doors to the side of the fin mould.

Tbh, given the plethora of wheels in the AZ G boxings, there should be more than enough spares.

You would have thought eduard would have done Brassen legs for the 109, then again they have not got as far as the G series in 1/72 yet as kits so spares would be limited to earlier versions if at all. I did see some etch undercarriage doors when haveing a look, thin card is also a posibility. Seats are a problem as well, but its a simple enough shape so I intend to try and scratch them as you can get E seats but not much else  :-\

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Unlike the Spitfire, I don't think the 109 u/c changed at all, other than the wheels which necessitated the upper wing bulges on the G/K.

They may not do the G in 72nd - no 72nd 190s, a pity as the IBG ones have shape issues and other errors.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2023, 12:56:39 AMUnlike the Spitfire, I don't think the 109 u/c changed at all, other than the wheels which necessitated the upper wing bulges on the G/K.

They may not do the G in 72nd - no 72nd 190s, a pity as the IBG ones have shape issues and other errors.

You must be a little out of touch Lee, eduard do both the E-3 and E-4

Gondor

So now I have moved two models from the bench to their "Travelling Compartment" I have decided to clean up the work bench a little, partly because I bought a new item of "Bench Ware"?  :-\ so the bench needed a bit of tidying up. So the majority of the paint is away which makes space so I can think about what I can finish, or try to, other than current Group Builds. The answer to that is one Leander Class ship and the other being this aircraft.

It would be nice to get them finished, even nicer to put the Leander in next years Scottish Nationals What-if class or whatever it is and see people scratching their heads over it  :wacko:

And I won a second boxing of eduards dual combo MEZEK so I will be able to build both early and late versions by both operators, and lots of spares.  ;D

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I saw that Mezec earlier and was tempted, but remembered I wanted the two original boxings for the decals and they can wait.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on May 04, 2023, 01:50:44 PMTHe answer to that is one Leander Class ship..

That's been dormant for a bit. My kind of progress, I'd say..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 05, 2023, 01:07:08 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 04, 2023, 01:50:44 PMTHe answer to that is one Leander Class ship..

That's been dormant for a bit. My kind of progress, I'd say..  ;)

The decals are quite old, 1973 or shortly after, so I have looked around for a replacement set which I have found and will order later today.

Gondor

Gondor

Well I am still on the forum so that means that the upgradeing of my computer's RAM went well enough for it to start and operate well enough. I went from a single card of 8GB to 2 x 16GB. Hardest thing to do was to dig the computer out from the nest of wires where it was huddled in the corner of the desk and then fconnect everything back together so it worked ok.

Just need to put away correctly the Humbrol Authentic paints I have out on the bench and a little my tidying up and we are good to go modelling wise! All I need now is motivitation.

Perhaps I should test out the new memory with a go at KSP?

Gondor

Gondor

On Friday I had some resin conversion parts arrive. There were for two PR Canberra conversions designed to fir the Frog/Novo kit and a correction kit for the Airfix B(I)6.

Could not wait any longer so I carefully cut away the support struts using a new tool I picked up at Perth.

I think I bought it from Mr Models but as that was a week ago I'm not so sure  :-\  Clothes peg for scale.

Anyway, this is what the parts look like once cleaned up

Apparently the nose undercarriage bay is based on the recent Airfix B(I)8 kit.

With a little sanding down of the parts they fit very well indeed

In fact most of the sanding that I did was to get the nosewheel bay to fit precisely. Now I have to research the various aircraft and squadrons for both this and the PR.7 items I have.

Gondor