Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on November 25, 2023, 09:24:29 AMAnyway, everything sorted and my mum is happy
Gondor

That sounds to me like a considerable success!   A happy parent is a GOOD THING
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on November 25, 2023, 10:12:23 AMThat sounds to me like a considerable success!   A happy parent is a GOOD THING

Very true. The thing that gets me each time I see her these days is how frail and unable to do as much as she used to be able to do. She put a coat on to go outside to show me what she was wanting on her bin as several of her neighbours use Cable Locks, she got the poppers on the coat out of step so one side was higher than the other and I had to sort it for her as it was easier for me to see and do than it was for her.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on November 25, 2023, 11:37:43 AMshe got the poppers on the coat out of step so one side was higher than the other and I had to sort it for her as it was easier for me to see and do than it was for her.

Gondor

I'm sure that she did the same for you many times when you were a lad. I know mine did!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on November 25, 2023, 12:29:53 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 25, 2023, 11:37:43 AMshe got the poppers on the coat out of step so one side was higher than the other and I had to sort it for her as it was easier for me to see and do than it was for her.

Gondor

I'm sure that she did the same for you many times when you were a lad. I know mine did!  ;D

She probably did, it's that I had to do it for her who always got hers right that hits me. Little things like that really make me realise that she may not be here tomorroe.

Anyway, something more cheerful. I am 100% positive that the missing decals are in my model room. This means thay are within a defined area, unlike the TARDIS which I just watched a recording of. So while checking another area of the room I found....

..... a set of Freightdog Redtop missiles and the under fuselage rack for a Bf 109G

A small win and another part of the room crossed off the possible areas them dastardly decals are hiding
Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rick Lowe

Unless the Monster is having a Laugh and moves them around, just ahead of you...  ;)

Yeah, it always made me stop for a second, when I had to take over doing something for Mum that she'd always done for me before...

kerick

I'm going through the same thing with my mom.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Commiserations.  It's not easy, but then you're well aware of that.  :-\
Just keep plugging away. It doesn't necessarily get easier, but you can/do/have to get used to it.

Gondor

Yesterday I managed to get a little physical modelling done. THe final part of the fuselage of my Hunter T.12 using the Xtrakit T.7 and of course a conversion set by Freightdog. Found out earlier this evening that the rear fuselage parts had moved under the clamps I had used, I had cut one fuselage half in two as I had intended to fit an engine front and intakes but gave up on that idea, so that has been corrected. Might get a bit more work done throughout the week just at the moment I am finding that I am only getting a couple of minuites free to do hands on modelling. Haveing too many ideas of building 1/35 armour and hope to have a couple of items for the Scottish Nationals. That's where a lot of looking up parts, refference material and planning are eating up my time.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

As George said, 'Time spent in Reconnaissance is never wasted.'  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Not much further with anything in the last week. Some filling done on the T.12 Hunter and then some sanding back, that shows that another round of filling is needed, kind of expected though.
I received a new tin of Humbrol Gloss White earlier and have managed to get around to using it today. What a difference! The previous tin was definitely on it's way out as it was producing on off white, the same kind you get with older paint on wood work that yellows over time, the older paint did that as it dried. Anyway, the Vulcan, Buccaneer and Phantom intakes I had previously painted have been done again and after putting the paint away and cleaning the brush I was using I now realise as I type this, I should have painted the Jaguars intakes  :banghead:
Something to do duering the week perhaps.

Gondor

Gondor

Looking at the intakes that I painted yesterday once I returned home from work showed that the white is nice and, well white!, which is good news. I still need to paint some parts of the Vulcan intakes as the white is a little thin looking there, but that's ok as it is White!

Gondor

Pellson

Painting intakes insides was one of my least favourite pastimes when building V-bombers..  :unsure:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

These are the items I am painting so they are seperate to the rest of the wing. The difficulty is not haveing a large enough tub of paint to dip them as cars are or a good set up for using an airbrush.

This set will be fitted into the old Airfix Vulcan which is earmarked for the Indian Air Force.

Gondor

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 06:27:02 AMThis set will be fitted into the old Airfix Vulcan which is earmarked for the Indian Air Force.

Gondor

Now there's a nice idea. But it reminds me that I still want a Hindustan Marut. Please, Airfix, before I die!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Wooksta!

Outside with a can of Halfords and spray down the pipes.  That's what I did with mine.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic