Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Rat on December 08, 2023, 08:47:50 AM
Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 06:27:02 AMThis set will be fitted into the old Airfix Vulcan which is earmarked for the Indian Air Force.

Gondor

Now there's a nice idea. But it reminds me that I still want a Hindustan Marut. Please, Airfix, before I die!

There were several resin kits out there and at least one vacform.  Not sure if any are current.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 08, 2023, 09:07:06 AMNow there's a nice idea. But it reminds me that I still want a Hindustan Marut. Please, Airfix, before I die!

There were several resin kits out there and at least one vacform.  Not sure if any are current.
[/quote]

Oh, the searching I've done could consume a week if all strung together. I have a friend with a 3D printer, and he has made a few kits I believe, might pester him to see if he could do one.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on December 08, 2023, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 08, 2023, 09:07:06 AMThere were several resin kits out there and at least one vacform.  Not sure if any are current.

Oh, the searching I've done could consume a week if all strung together. I have a friend with a 3D printer, and he has made a few kits I believe, might pester him to see if he could do one.

If you manage to persuade him you can let him know I will buy one.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 09:25:22 AM
Quote from: The Rat on December 08, 2023, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 08, 2023, 09:07:06 AMThere were several resin kits out there and at least one vacform.  Not sure if any are current.

If you manage to persuade him you can let him know I will buy one.

Gondor

:thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 08, 2023, 09:05:02 AMOutside with a can of Halfords and spray down the pipes.  That's what I did with mine.

Tried that and had problems which I talked about in the build thread I think  :-\

Most of the intakes are ok, just brush painting the parts that didn't get an even coat of white to finnish them off.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Brush painting white is always a pain.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Early start today to help break the back of weekend things to do. Royal Mail sorting office for 8am was first on my list, untill at 7:30am I heard Spot, my sometimes cat, wanting in. He of course takes over the Computer chair so it's just as well I have an older less comfortable chair that I use for modelling in the same room.
Straight home and cook breakfast was next on the list, although that was put on hold almost as soon as I put a slice of square sausage into a frying pan as I had not bought Morning Rolls  :banghead:  I had driven past the supermarket on the way home from the sorting office, of course  :rolleyes: 90+% of items on my weekly shopping list later I get back home to find Spot wanting attention because all the to and fro had woken him up. So after I made a fuss of him I continued makeing my Bacon and Square sausage roll, thats two slices of bacon to make a sandwidge of the square sausage. A while after breakfast and my second mug of tea, all the old cardboard boxes from the last few months of shopping get put in the back of the car to take to the locak tip, and of course the rain started  :angry:
More food shopping done on the way back from the tip, because these shops were not open earlier. Rather dissapointed as my local Aldi has no more Puff Pastry Mince Pies which I found out about on a thread on Britmodeller as they were being used to prop a model on, I have had three boxes of them so far and will try varius other Aldi stors duering the week to see it I can get more as I like them quite a bit.
Dishes are done and so far I have managed to do some dry brushing for a couple of kits, later I may paint some white on various intakes and even do some other work on other models, everything else other than feeding myself is basically done for the weekend so relax......

Gondor

The Rat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 08, 2023, 11:32:18 AMBrush painting white is always a pain.

That's why my 'go to' has always been Tamiya Fine White primer in a rattle can, I'm not sure you can get any better. I've heard great things about Halford's, but as far as I know it isn't available out here in the colonies. I was tempted to pick some up at the Halford's in Hereford, but had visions of it exploding in my luggage during the flight back.

Now that I've got my hand-held airbrush I may try using it for white, the Tamiya cans are expensive.

Pellson

Thanks for the very nice glimpse into your weekend.   :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Thank you for the heads-up on Aldi puff pastry mince pies.  I'm going out shopping tomorrow, so I'll look out for them!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on December 11, 2023, 10:50:13 AMThank you for the heads-up on Aldi puff pastry mince pies.  I'm going out shopping tomorrow, so I'll look out for them!

I have been trying to buy more of them, but they seem to have become an endangered species  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor

Thursday evening and that's me finished for the week! Next week will be the same with only four days there.

Wednesday I didn't have to take any lunch with me as the Production Department bought Pizza for the department staff!

Today the Production Manager was handing out £50 Amazon Vouchers  :thumbsup:  I see more books in my future, probably  :angel:

I received a copy of the Airfix Club news today, complete with 2024 Callander as well.

Hopefully a bit of a lay in tomorrow, though my cat may want to come in, he has the last two days in a row. Never can tell with him and at the moment he is only wanting to sleep on my computer chair, even when I am using it!

Gondor

Gondor

I think I have decided what to do with the extra Meteor NF Mk.12.  I think I will turn it into NF.11 WD790 in it's final form. This means that other than adding a few extra intakes I only need to change the nose to that of a TSR2 and add a probable camera fairing under that. Sounds as if it's quite a simple job to do, if I can find a spare nose for it.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I might have a spare nose for it. If I can find it - and I *think* I know where it is - it's yours.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: