Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Found the Meteor nose and it was exactly where I thought it was.  Now residing in a box of Brick bits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 01:53:39 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 19, 2023, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 19, 2023, 04:54:42 AMThe only time I had a partial failure was when one was a bit under cooked in the middle. Reheated and served with custard it was fine.

Gondor

With enough custard, whipped cream or icing, most cake failures are redeemable/hide able...

Male cooking at its finest...  ;D  ;D

Indeed!  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 21, 2023, 02:04:02 PMFound the Meteor nose and it was exactly where I thought it was.  Now residing in a box of Brick bits.

That sounds good Lee, only we were talking about noses for Buccaneers

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

It was a resin Meteor nose for one of the test beds for TSR2.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 22, 2023, 04:28:18 AMIt was a resin Meteor nose for one of the test beds for TSR2.

Ah, the TSR2 nose for the Meteor?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Yes, it's the one I mentioned upthread.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 22, 2023, 06:25:50 AMYes, it's the one I mentioned upthread.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Maybe I should send you the Buccaneer nose fo the same can happen that then?

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I have the nose mould for the Brick anyway.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Had several older Airfix ones and only one resin nose. Guess what happened next?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 22, 2023, 10:44:21 AMHad several older Airfix ones and only one resin nose. Guess what happened next?

It had a terrible accident where it fell into some rubber! Or am I verry bad at guessing?

Gondor

Woke fairly early today and decided to go to my local supermarket for a couple of items I had forgotten to buy yesterday. Now that was busy yesterday! At around about 11am yesterdau, and there was a que on the dual carriage way from the roundabout the 100 yards or so up the the lights for the supermarket! I had shopping to do elsewhere and entered the supermarket access road from the opposite direction which is a slip road as it's the same side as the access. Finding a parking space was long winded and I ended up almost at the furthest way part of the car park from the doors and then inside it was quite busy too.
Today at 7:40am the car park looked as if it was shortly before 5pm on a normal weekday, and as I entered the store there was a que for the self checkouts! I found out later that I should have got more tea bags so I will get them when I am out delivering cards to family members and that will be me not going out for quite some time!

Gondor

NARSES2

I went into my local M&S on Thursday at 8:00am and it was a doddle, went into Sainsbury's at 7::00am yesterday (they opened at 6:00am) and I was the only one in there. Lord knows what they were like a coupe of hours later though  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 23, 2023, 05:39:52 AMI went into my local M&S on Thursday at 8:00am and it was a doddle, went into Sainsbury's at 7::00am yesterday (they opened at 6:00am) and I was the only one in there. Lord knows what they were like a coupe of hours later though  :angel:

Seven o'clock I'm only half awake and eight o'clock I'm still absorbing breakfast!  I can do early mornings if necessary, but I prefer to linger over my coffee.    Rheged minor, on the other hand, is currently working  eight until five in a supermarket and is up and about by six am.   He tells me that during the last few days  it's been quiet until ten, busy until two and totally manic thereafter. His comments on peoples' buying  habits include " the shops are only closed for a couple of days",   "does an average suburban family really need five large Christmas puddings?", and " is the cooking so bad in some houses that they need to stock up with 4  16-packs of loo roll?"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on December 23, 2023, 05:54:41 AMRheged minor, on the other hand, is currently working  eight until five in a supermarket and is up and about by six am.   He tells me that during the last few days  it's been quiet until ten, busy until two and totally manic thereafter. His comments on peoples' buying  habits include " the shops are only closed for a couple of days",   "does an average suburban family really need five large Christmas puddings?", and " is the cooking so bad in some houses that they need to stock up with 4  16-packs of loo roll?"

SWMBO, who until this past summer, worked at our local Shop-Rite supermarket concurs with the accuracy of Minor's observations.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng