Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on August 30, 2024, 02:17:21 PMSeems like the hearse was rushing. Don't know why, I'm sure the poor person in the casket wasn't in a hurry.

The Hearse was empty. The crash was a short distance before the lane I was in was completely separate from the rest of the motorway, by then though it was far to late to try and get back onto the lane I wanted.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

I managed to get a few minutes at the bench yesterday evening. I had earlier, on my way home, popped into my Dr's surgery to pick up a prescription and to book an appointment. My left shoulder has been getting more and more painful over the last few days, it's been a bit painful when laying on my left side in bed but now is far worse. I could not sleep on my left last night because it was so uncomfortable to painful. The appointment is with my preferred Doctor, neither being Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee  :rolleyes: but is not until a week tomorrow. I hope that whatever is wrong doesn't get any worse in the meantime.
Anyway, back to the bench. I painted the instrument panel for the Eagle engined Tempest in Humbrol 21, Gloss Black, in an attempt to reduce the chance of silvering. I also filled the gap on the upper fuselage of the A63 version of the MB.5 with superglue which should not only ack as a filler, it should also help make sure that the crack doesn't expand.
Celebrity Master Chief tonight so very little chance of getting any modelling done. Throughout this current series I have only recognized four people, and two of those resent the show! 

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on September 05, 2024, 12:06:39 AMThroughout this current series I have only recognized four people, and two of those resent the show! 

Gondor

I think a lot more than two resent the proliferation of unreality tv...  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 05, 2024, 12:06:39 AMCelebrity Master Chief tonight so very little chance of getting any modelling done. Throughout this current series I have only recognized four people, and two of those resent the show! 

Gondor

Not recognising celebrities who appear on "celebrity" type,  various other documentaries, or quize shows is merely yet another sign of growing old  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2024, 12:31:21 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 05, 2024, 12:06:39 AMCelebrity Master Chief tonight so very little chance of getting any modelling done. Throughout this current series I have only recognized four people, and two of those resent the show! 

Gondor

Not recognising celebrities who appear on "celebrity" type,  various other documentaries, or quize shows is merely yet another sign of growing old  :angel:

Or is it that we categorize a 'celebrity' as someone who's known for other things than being a Face on social media, or famous for being famous...
or is that just my old age showing?
Actually that's highly likely, but still valid...

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 05, 2024, 12:51:31 AM

Gondor

Or is it that we categorize a 'celebrity' as someone who's known for other things than being a Face on social media, or famous for being famous...

I think the ways in which people can be classed as "celebrities" has expanded considerably since my youth, and therefore there are far more of them about. I just look at the screen, shake my head and mutter "who the ..... is that"  ;)

And I think it's a case of both our "old ages" showing  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2024, 01:01:21 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 05, 2024, 12:51:31 AM

Gondor

I think the ways in which people can be classed as "celebrities" has expanded considerably since my youth, and therefore there are far more of them about. I just look at the screen, shake my head and mutter "who the ..... is that"  ;)

And I think it's a case of both our "old ages" showing  ;D

Quite likely...  ;)  :thumbsup:

Gondor

There are quite a few people on Celebrity Master Chief at the moment from some "Reality" shows, which by being an artificial situation is not reality at all! I don't remember if any are so called "influencers" from some variety of social media. A lot of my "influencers" are dead, most of the rest of them are members of this forum. The dead "influencers" are the designers who came up with a lot of the Project Cancelled aircraft that I model, or at least, intend to model.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

The mackem lass is Charlotte Crosby, one of the drunken tarts from Geordie Shore on MTV.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

I have a problem with my car. I have most likely said something about this before, the struts that hold open the rear of the car when I put items in the boot/trunk have failed and need replacing. So on the way home from work today I called into my local dealership to find out the cost. Just under £45 each but they were out of stock and on back order. I said that I would try a Motor Factor near me, but they don't have nor can they get them so it was a search online for me. The good news is that I found an equivalent for just over £19 each, but they are out of stock so I have asked for notification when they become available. So a kind of good day in that respect.
Modelling wise it's been so so. I managed to find my KP Hawker Tempests which the Freightdog 1/72 Hawker P.1027 RR Eagle powered Tempest conversion is designed for, and of which I bought two, I checked what I ordered from Colin and it definitely was two! The only thing is I can only find the one I am using with an Airfix Tempest, so where is the other one, it's not in the KP kits as I have checked them, so where  :unsure:
So I start searching through the model room, for about the third time. As mentioned above, I know I have a second conversion set which is not where I expect it to be probably due to the tidy up and reorganisation of the model room. That kind of thing is fatal to finding anything ever again. I did find the Bird Models He 277 B1 conversion set I bought some time ago. That can now get put into the box of the Revell kit I have for it and then put a label on the end of the box saying what the contents are for. So the hunt for the missing Eagle has been fruitful, just not in the way expected. Tomorrow is mainly going to be spent doing D.I.Y. in an attempt to finish off the tiling in the bathroom. This will consist of moving a raw plug about a.5mm lower that is 1.5mm too high. My intent is to push in the existing plug, open up the hole a bit more and then fit a larger plug to fill the hole which I will increase in a downward manner to centre the hole with the others I have for the supporting screws for a shelf above the sink. But that's for tomorrow. I will not be doing everything I need to do in one stint, so breaks from the D.I.Y. will be interspaced with mugs of tea and bouts of modelling.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Changing what you're doing from time to time is a good way to make any job less of a slog.

And trying to find something is also an excellent way to turn up any lots of other misplaced items you need. Just don't let on what you are actually looking for, or it stops working.  ;) 

As for the car parts, do you have any pick-a-part/find and remove the part yourself type yards you could visit?

Thomas Dolby put it best, referring to a new assistant; "She's tidied up, and I can't find anything!" ;D

Gondor

@Rick Lowe my car is in decent shape and a reasonable age, 2017 I believe, so I want to put decent parts onto it so it lasts me. Besides, a colleague at work is going to help with swapping the parts over, when I get them.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on September 07, 2024, 01:51:05 AM@Rick Lowe my car is in decent shape and a reasonable age, 2017 I believe, so I want to put decent parts onto it so it lasts me. Besides, a colleague at work is going to help with swapping the parts over, when I get them.

Gondor

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I had the struts go on a Holden Station Wagon.  Cheapest fix was to keep a stick in the boot to prop it open.
 ;)

You can get them re-gassed.  Might be cheaper than replacing them.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2024, 03:38:30 AMI had the struts go on a Holden Station Wagon.  Cheapest fix was to keep a stick in the boot to prop it open.
 ;)

You can get them re-gassed.  Might be cheaper than replacing them.

Almost exactly what I do with my Volvo 850 wagon, except I use the 'snow broom' that's been sawn down to exactly the correct size to hold the tailgate open.   ;D

The gas struts for an 850 estate are hidden in the roof lining, and take DAYS to remove and replace, so I'm sticking with the broom!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit