Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

It's nice when things work out that way. :thumbsup:
Hope your Mum is up and about soon; I can recall the times when fitting a pacemaker involved anesthetic and scalpels... amazing progress.

kerick

She will feel much better when the pacemaker takes effect. I'm sure she will bug all of you to go do things.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Great news on your mum mate  ;D
Shell feel like a new women now ..just like my dad did when he got his ..he didn't feel like a women tho 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 14, 2024, 08:04:32 PMHope your Mum is up and about soon; I can recall the times when fitting a pacemaker involved anesthetic and scalpels... amazing progress.

Yup when I was a nipper it was almost science fiction. State of the art and as you say major surgery, now it's fairly common place.  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2024, 01:20:01 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 14, 2024, 08:04:32 PMHope your Mum is up and about soon; I can recall the times when fitting a pacemaker involved anesthetic and scalpels... amazing progress.

Yup when I was a nipper it was almost science fiction. State of the art and as you say major surgery, now it's fairly common place.  :thumbsup:

I remember seeing some program, probably over twenty-five years ago when they had to open the chest to put the electrodes directly onto the heart. Today it's a minor op and done in the out-patients department. The hospital stay is just precautionary.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Visited my mum this afternoon. No different to how I remember her from last week, just a different place and a different circumstance. She is currently wearing a "bum bag" as the wireless connector for her monitoring connectors as a bit bulky for her but it fits inside the bag with no problem.

With the success of fitting the soap dish through the tiles, I decided that I really had to move the shower due to the top attachment point feeling loose. This ended up being very true as when trying to release the shower assembly from its mounting points resulted in the screws coming out of the raw plugs I had used to fit them to the wall.  :banghead:

The clearer cylinders on the wall are the new fitment points and are using the supplied raw plugs. The chrome-like plastic parts slide over them and click into place with a locateing finger that should be depressed to release the parts from each other which I wasn't able to do before it came off the wall. The black points are where the previous mounting points are, now filled with grout.

The end result of this weekend's D.I.Y.

Next up is painting the batton to go between the edge of the bath and the ceiling and then fit the shower door onto that. Oh yeah, and cleaning, lots of cleaning.  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rick Lowe

There's always cleaning...  :banghead:

Good that you avoided breakages - and if it was that loose, also good that you got it done now, rather than after it fell off while you were under it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 15, 2024, 10:04:12 PM- and if it was that loose, also good that you got it done now, rather than after it fell off while you were under it.

Beat me to it, just what I was going to say  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 16, 2024, 05:27:31 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 15, 2024, 10:04:12 PM- and if it was that loose, also good that you got it done now, rather than after it fell off while you were under it.

Beat me to it, just what I was going to say  ;D

I know it was loose and I was going to fix it before it was in operation. I was going to use a different method to help hold it in place until I found the tile drill and was able to use it without breaking any tiles.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 16, 2024, 05:53:49 AMuntil I found the tile drill and was able to use it without breaking any tiles.

Gondor

Something I was told many year ago by my brother, who's a time served shipwright, "always ensure you have the correct tool for the job, never improvise oe make do, it will save you a lot of heartache" or words to that effect.

Did I take any notice ?  :rolleyes:  :banghead:

Gondor

So I just found out from one of my sisters, I had to ask, that my mum had her pacemaker fitted yesterday and is waiting to be told she can go home by the consultant although I was told she is rather worn out by the whole affair which is not surprising for someone in her late eighties.

Modelling-wise, I am going to try to finish another shelf queen. I came across an Airfix Fairly Firefly that was mostly completed and have been hunting the bits that were not with the airframe. I have managed to find them all now, well except for the canopy, but I have another on order. As it's wheels and a few other bits and pieces then decals to be done I should have it finished in time for Telford. He said hopefully while touching lots of wood with crossed fingers  :-\  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Gondor

Good news, My mother is home so I shall visit her tomorrow after work if she is ok with that. I should send an email to check first though.

Modelling-wise I have managed to find suitable decals for the Firefly. Not 100% sold on which operator though.

Gondor

Gondor

Just been thinking about a few future projects with one of my favourite after-market producers, Freightdog. I was thinking that perhaps I should transfer all the conversion and detail sets that I have into one box, this reminded me that I have a Swift F.1 conversion set by Colin which I have decided will become part of the RAuxAF. This also prompted me to write it down so I don't forget what I am planning to do. I might look for another TSR.2 to fit my purchase of a set of Freightdog Skybolt missiles onto.

Gondor

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on Today at 12:52:48 PMGood news, My mother is home so I shall visit her tomorrow after work if she is ok with that. I should send an email to check first though.

Modelling-wise I have managed to find suitable decals for the Firefly. Not 100% sold on which operator though.

Gondor

:thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr