Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

A small amount of work has been done recently, been too hot to be bothered, 24/25 Celsius here today so a tad warm. The Hurricane now has a propeller fitted. I don't like propellers being fixed in a manner that they can't be removed for repair so I had to find some method of replacing the shaft and replacing it with something longer that I could attach to the rear of the propeller and then slide into the fuselage, that job's now done so it's on with the undercarriage and touch up the wheels. This leaves the exhausts and a few other details which most people take only a few hours to sort but takes me a week :blink:
Still got decals to add to the BoB Spitfire but I am worried that I may end up applying too many little details that the model will not really need.
I also got a call about a job which I don't think I will get as far as the interview but would be quite nice and has good pay but it's early days for that.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Sounds hot !

Also sounds like some good priogress. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 12, 2015, 05:38:09 AM
Sounds hot !

Also sounds like some good priogress. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Captain, for the UK that's quite hot 75.2oF to 77oF results may vary depending which conversion chart/calculator you use :blink:

Pictures of the work will be kept until I finish, which will be this year  :party:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Captain Canada

Sounds hot for you guys  :thumbsup:

When I was there two summers ago it was stifling...lots of humidity as well. But we were used to it from living here. Still made the underground a tad uncomfy  :unsure:

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 12, 2015, 06:36:15 AM
Still made the underground a tad uncomfy  :unsure:

That's almost an understatement of classic British proportions  ;D The Underground (always a capital U) is always uncomfortable, when it gets hot and sticky it's unbearable  :banghead: Just glad being a South Londoner I didn't have to use it as part of my regular commuute
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 12, 2015, 06:36:15 AM
Still made the underground a tad uncomfy  :unsure:

What you have to remember Captain is that the Underground was started around Victorian times when such things as air conditioning had never been thought of, add to that very busy and cramped platforms and trains and the situation gets a little "ripe" shall we say  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Captain Canada

Capital U from now on ! lol

At first it was awesome....breeze blowing in from the street and nice and cool and exciting...then as we got closer to the city it all went to pot lol

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

A little more work done. Cockpit of the BoB Spitfire has been closed up and the Hurricane propellers have been painted, just need to get the undercarriage on both and add a few decals to the Spitfire. The Hurricane also needs seat belts for its seat which also needs fitted and of course the canopy will go on afterwards. Not much so who knows how long it will take me.

Thinking that I should change my strap line to "I would Procrastinate if I could be bothered"

Gondor

DogfighterZen

If you take up that line, i'll take your "Builds slower than a glacier moves"...  :banghead:  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

My favourite line from the TV show Becker - Addressed to an elderly woman who was holding him up "Come on Lady, i've seen continents drift faster than that!"
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Between watching several hours of Le Mans and watching video's of Adam Savage in his cave on Tested I have actually made some visible progress, at least here as I am not posting any pics until they are finished, on the Hurricane and BoB Spitfire. Both now have canopies fitted and the tyres are matted too. Canopy painting tomorrow as well as touching up undercarriage legs as they are about to get fitted. Props will need a little paint to their tips and then its touching up and such like for the most part.

Gondor

Pessimistically Optimistic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 13, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
Between watching several hours of Le Mans........ 

Too right! Every one in my case.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice. Don't forget MotoGP is on tomorrow as well, three races should be good for a few hours of building  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2015, 03:53:35 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 13, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
Between watching several hours of Le Mans........ 

Too right! Every one in my case.  ;D

I don't have a tv channel that lets me do that or I probably would  :banghead:

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 13, 2015, 04:09:31 PM
Nice. Don't forget MotoGP is on tomorrow as well, three races should be good for a few hours of building  :thumbsup:

I don't watch tv and model at the same time, way too distracting

Gondor

Gondor

Just a little work done yesterday. Some decals were added to the Spitfire, wondering which if any servicing markings should I bother with or none. Had to reposition part of the Hurricane canopy as I made a bit of a error in its placement and I have finally got the main undercarriage fitted. Not much in the way of tolerance given in these kits I am finding. Progress no matter how little is still progress. Had to remove the decals from the rudder of my Hurricane, nothing really wrong with them, just may ability to get them to cooperate with me so I will have to paint the rudder and go to plan B which was already prepared for, thanks Kit  :thumbsup:

As usual, no photographs yet  ;D

I also looked at the Kerbal space program, looks fun and might get that when I have funds.

Gondor