Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 14, 2023, 01:02:03 PMI might have a spare nose for it. If I can find it - and I *think* I know where it is - it's yours.

Thanks very much Lee  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Quarter past Two in the afternoon and not much acheived today. I made an order earlier on in the week from the Really Useful Box company as everyone locally has none in stock in the size I want so I had to buy from the company and pay quite a bit in delivery cost, should have bought more to spread the cost out a bit I suppose, oh well.

Yesterday evening I did go onto Amazon and bought three, well two books and a Cartoon Compilation. I would have bought more but the next in the series was only available on Kindle which will not work for my library. All three of the items will appear in the relevant section in due time.

Some Priming has been done, and I am not talking about yesterdays purchases, the Olympus 301 engine parts have been primed along with the Buccaneer intakes.

The cat came in late this morning, I was probably fast asleep if he was around earlier but I heard the bell on his collar so called on him, he is asleep on my computer chair as I use the modelling chair. He was not happy at the posibility of someone comming into his house when I had the Boxes delivered but I managed to reasure him and he calmed down. He did eye the box after I emptied it so I thought he might decide to use that rather than the chair, unfortunately for me he stayed put and went to sleep again.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Noon on Sunday, it's quiet. Spot, the cat, is fast asleep on my computer chair so the I am typeing this while sitting on a far less comfortable chair that I use for modelling.  It's nice haveing him around, just that he pinches my favourite chair!
Modelling wide I have managed to do some work with the Buccaneers and have even sorted out some parts for a third old Airfix kit I have. That kit will be getting brand new intakes from one of the new Airfix kits as the new kit has an Aerocraft S1 conversion set, consequently I have removed the parts not used for the S2 and have put them into the relevant box.
I did some white painting yesterday as well, touched up the Olympus 301 intakes near the engine fronts, put a second coat onto the Jaguar intakes and put a coat onto the relevant areas of my Mule. If that works I will eventually be able to get that finished at some point.

Gondor

Gondor

I spent a little time during Sunday afternoon makeing this....

which looks like this when cut open

Gondor

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Nick

Rheged

I am instructed by my household bakery expert to inform you that  "If that cake tastes anywhere near as good as it looks, it's a great success"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on December 19, 2023, 02:42:10 AMI am instructed by my household bakery expert to inform you that  "If that cake tastes anywhere near as good as it looks, it's a great success"

It usually is.

The only time I had a partial failure was when one was a bit under cooked in the middle. Reheated and served with custard it was fine.

This one is good and is getting eaten by my work colleagues.

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

By one o'clock the tub that just over half of the cake was in had gone.

Might take a little bit more to work for a select few.

Currently at home and have been for an hour and a quarter, waiting on a plumber to fix my toilet. Hope they turn up soon.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on December 19, 2023, 04:54:42 AMThe only time I had a partial failure was when one was a bit under cooked in the middle. Reheated and served with custard it was fine.

Gondor

With enough custard, whipped cream or icing, most cake failures are redeemable/hide able...

Pellson

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 19, 2023, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 19, 2023, 04:54:42 AMThe only time I had a partial failure was when one was a bit under cooked in the middle. Reheated and served with custard it was fine.

Gondor

With enough custard, whipped cream or icing, most cake failures are redeemable/hide able...

Male cooking at its finest...  ;D  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 01:53:39 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 19, 2023, 08:58:19 PM

Gondor

Male cooking at its finest...  ;D  ;D

Yup. I've oft been told that I'm a good cook, but when it comes to presentation  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Well that's me finished work....

for this year. Holidays untill the 8th of next month and very little in commitments over the holidays as well so I should hopefuly get lots of modelling done.

The results of the plumbers turning up was great. They replaced the whole centre device inside the cistern, the plunger like item had a material that covered it's frame, only the old one was falling off the frame. It meant that it could take a little time to just catch things just right to make the toilet flush, now just one simple push down on the handle works easily and without trouble.
I just wish that the passing of information between the reception and the repair section had been as good as the plumber. When I had phoned the Houseing Association that I rent from I gave not only the type of problem but also my estimated time of arrival home. According to the plumber the repair department first phoned them to say that there was a priority repair for them, he then phoned me and I repeated the information that I had given the receptionist. The repair department then called the plumber to tell him that I would not be home before a certain time.
The car needs a wash and there is a place almost across the road from the offices of the Houseing Association, I think I may combine two things into one trip tomorrow before they shut for the holidays.

Gondor