Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 23, 2023, 05:54:41 AMSeven o'clock I'm only half awake and eight o'clock I'm still absorbing breakfast!  I can do early mornings if necessary, but I prefer to linger over my coffee.   

Used to like to be in the office by 6:30 am so I could get some work done before I started "managing" and the habit stuck. Always been a morning person though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

As I was on holiday yesterday that was when I cought up on sleep, I may well lay in for the next few days as well. Normally when I am at work the alarm goes off at half five and I try to be headding away from the flat at half six. Now, no need to do that untill the eighth of next month  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Was sent into M&S for some potato salad this morning. Picked up one small tub after 5 minutes of searching, went round the corner and saw 38 people in the line for the checkout. I put the potato salad back and went off to have lunch with Dad.

Apparently all M&S food stores opened at 6am to deal with the Christmas pre-orders. Our local butchers had a line out of the door at 4pm!

Gondor

Managed to avoid most of the festivities', I have not enjoyed them since my ex called our relationship off two years and a few weeks ago. I did cook myself some festive food, only to find out the following day that some of the food was off. So I spent a little time rapidly moveing to the bathroom on Boxing day, managed to flush the toilet before needing to use it for the other end, followed a few minuites later haveing to sit down again. Felt somewhat unsettled for the rest of the day. Back to normal yesterday so cooked a chicken brest wrapped in bacon with chips, bread sauce and gravy, today was Beans & Sausages  ;D
Checked the freezer contents befor going out shopping today, about half of it has to go out but the collection day that it is going into is not untill the 16th so it's going to stay in the freezer untill then. Not a nice day though, it was sleety, or as I call it, semi solid rain. Also went into the loft to retreive a couple of boxes of S-199 by eduard as I wanted the red fin stripes out of one of them, probably helps explain why it was so cold in the flat this afternoon after have the hatch open.
Decided to start another kit, one more will not get any more in the way than the other thirty or so. This will be a real world build. XV squadron Buccaneer in R/W/B roundles and white fuselage serials and squadron markings. I had to buy another modern Airfix Naval kit for this as the didn't have the bomb bay fuel tank at the time. eduard cockpit etch set for the RAF version is going into itand some resin rocket pods on the outer wing pylons, fuel tanks in the inner stations as well. I partly started the kit as I wanted to see what kind of detail I could copy from the new kit into the old one.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on December 27, 2023, 01:55:14 PMManaged to avoid most of the festivities', I have not enjoyed them since my ex called our relationship off two years and a few weeks ago. I did cook myself some festive food, only to find out the following day that some of the food was off. So I spent a little time rapidly moveing to the bathroom on Boxing day, managed to flush the toilet before needing to use it for the other end, followed a few minuites later haveing to sit down again. Felt somewhat unsettled for the rest of the day. Back to normal yesterday so cooked a chicken brest wrapped in bacon with chips, bread sauce and gravy, today was Beans & Sausages  ;D

Thank you for that Alastair, I'm sure we all feel so much better  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 27, 2023, 11:42:56 PMThank you for that Alastair, I'm sure we all feel so much better  ;)  ;D

I certainly did afterwards  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Pellson

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Alastair. Whether one enjoys the current holidays or not, it's seems a bit unnecessary to up the game further with bad food.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on December 28, 2023, 06:13:59 AMSorry to hear about your ordeal, Alastair. Whether one enjoys the current holidays or not, it's seems a bit unnecessary to up the game further with bad food.

Thankfully it didn't last long. The unpleasantness didn't last very long, it did take a little while for things to settle down afterwards though.

Gondor

Gondor

Been doing some work on a r/w build as well as a few whiffs, not enough to actually make a post in their respective threads though. I was getting somewhere with applying some eduard etch to a modern Airfix Phantom when I realised that the Navigators instrument panel was sitting correctly. So long story short, I removed it, which included most of the rear of the Pilots area as well. Just need to tidy up the part I took out and then get it to sit correctly then add the rest of the etch set.

Spot, my cat, has been home for a large part of the day despite my putting de wormer on the back of his neck two days ago. As you can imagine, he is never happy about that and tries to get outside as quickly as he can. That last time and this he has taken himself off to the bedroom and slept on top of my pyjamas, just like he did years ago. Not complaining as that means I get to keep my computer chair as I catch up on things that interest me. Unfortunatly this evening, Spot has decided to move back into the den and commandeer the computer chair again so I am stuck with the modelling chair, paint stains and all.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Ah, the life of a Cat Minion... ;D  :thumbsup:

Gondor

I was in my local TESCO supermarket this morning buying bread and a few other things. Lots of choices of Easter Eggs already  :rolleyes:

Gondor

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on January 04, 2024, 12:44:14 PMI was in my local TESCO supermarket this morning buying bread and a few other things. Lots of choices of Easter Eggs already  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Valentines Day cr@p hit the shelves before New Years Day.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Hot cross buns went on sale December 27th in my local stupid market.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

They're still remaindering Mince Pies at mine - so I bought a pack today.
Well it would be rude not to, and you have to support local businesses, don't you?

And because - Nom!

zenrat

All remaining xmas stock 50% off in Australia Post Shops.
 :rolleyes:
Stock up now for next year and then forget where you stashed it...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..