Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Not been the best of days.

My dad who is ninety-three and suffering from Vascular Dementia, has been in a care home for just over a week and a half so that my mum could have a bit of a rest. Found out this morning that he had been admitted to the local hospital with a chest infection. This evening one of my sisters phoned to let me know that he has pneumonia and is non-responsive. As such he has been put on end-of-life care. As you can imagine I am feeling a bit out of sorts at the moment. It's going to be an odd show for me in Perth this weekend, not knowing if I am going to have to hurry back home or not. I had during the afternoon, filled up with petrol for the weekend, at least that is something I don't have to worry about.

At least I managed to finish a model for the show, disappointed that I didn't get around to finishing another that is almost complete. At least that one can be completed in time for the next show without any pressure.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Quote from: Gondor on April 26, 2024, 02:52:07 PMNot been the best of days.
Gondor

:-\  Take as much time as you need, do whatever you need to do, and grieve in your own way. Take care.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Yeah, pneumonia is nasty. :-\

Hoping things work out as will be best for all you.

Rheged

Much sympathy!  My dad went the same way so I know exactly how you feel.   We are here should you need to sound off about the situation.   Remember to look after yourself as well as your mum.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Hope things resolve themselves in the best way that these things can Alastair, many sympathies mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

This morning before 8 am my father passed away. Although we were not very close at all, it was him that bought me my first model kits. A Revell Zero and Spitfire, the ones with a slice of the globe as a stand.
So please understand if I am quiet, or if I get angry at people.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Very sorry to hear that Alastair, I've been there too and know what you're feeling.

Best wishes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

What Kit said.  Processing the grief, whether or not you were close, of losing a parent is one of the hardest things to get over.

Take all the time you need, we'll still be here.

Most sincere condolences from Family Scooter
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Alastair. Yet, ninetythree is a respectable age, so hopefully a life well lived.
I lost my own father five years ago at 92 yo, and while things get easier, I still miss talking to him at times. Then again, it was due time for him - his last year had been rather shitty, tbh, and it was rather painful seeing that witty person locked into an entirely uncooperative body. So while I miss hanging out with him, I can honestly say that I am at peace with his passing, and was so quite soon after he left. I hope you can find something similar.

In the mean time, I, and most certainly others as well, can easily be reached if you need someone to yell at. It's part of the service. ;)
Take care.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Thanks guys. It's odd. As I said we were not close, he was a very quiet man, in fact, both of my parents are quiet, which might have something to do with both being only children and growing up during the war. Saying that they were both quite young at the time.
Any way, even though I didn't have much of a connection with him, the fact he has passed is being a very emotional thing. I have visited my mum this morning and was fine untill I got there and saw her looking out of the little office they had at the front of their flat.
Work has said I was to take as much time as I need and then we will work out the details when I go back. I was off today regardless and have said I will definitely not be in tomorrow. I have a little over sixty hours of holidays I can use if I need to so I will have to see how it goes.

Gondor

NARSES2

You have my condolences Alistair, I've been there myself a few years ago now. Take care of yourself and your mum  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Remember the good times. Condolences.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on April 29, 2024, 09:02:32 AMRemember the good times. Condolences.

That's it though, I don't have any good times to remember.

Gondor

kerick

I also have gone through the loss of my father a couple years ago. My deepest condolences for you and your Mom. It's an empty space in my life I don't think I will ever fill. I can't change it so I try to find some memories.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise