Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on May 10, 2024, 10:55:47 AMutterly Dagenham ##

##Dagenham, because it's even further down the line than Barking.

Now that's comedy gold! ;D  :thumbsup:

I keep misplacing the parts I cull out for a project so collect another set, and when I'm partway through the build, find the original (better) parts...  :banghead:
Or I'm looking for parts for one build, and find those for another 2 or 3 whilst looking, start putting those aside and completely forget what I was originally looking for...  :banghead:  :banghead:

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 11, 2024, 07:44:00 PMOr I'm looking for parts for one build, and find those for another 2 or 3 whilst looking, start putting those aside and completely forget what I was originally looking for...  :banghead:  :banghead:

Yet another Senior moment  ;D I have them all the time  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 11, 2024, 04:31:07 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 11, 2024, 12:32:45 AMThere is always a slight chance that I could win the lottery and be able to buy myself a much bigger place

..which inevitably would lead to the procurement of more kits - as you now have the storage space.. :wacko:

Which has just happened. Three Special Hobby Mirage F.1 kits will be on their way to me. The Dual Boxing and a single seater. Two of the colour schemes in the dual boxing, both for single-seaters appeal to me which is why I had to get the other single-seater so I can do both options. More boxes to put kits into the loft should be on their way as well which mitigates the purchases.

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 12, 2024, 12:28:11 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 11, 2024, 07:44:00 PMOr I'm looking for parts for one build, and find those for another 2 or 3 whilst looking, start putting those aside and completely forget what I was originally looking for...  :banghead:  :banghead:

Yet another Senior moment  ;D I have them all the time  :angel:

Mornington Crescent!  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Gondor

Today was the service for my dad at the local crematorium. Being immediate family I never got to see how full or otherwise the chapel was. There were strategically placed boxes of handkerchiefs for people to use as required, my sisters did so but I wasn't affected until we were all outside and the congregation filed past the family. Later on, while having a bite to eat my mother said that she had effectively been living alone for the last year and a half.

Vascular dementia affects those who don't have it far more than those who do. 

I also realised today that I didn't watch Dr Who on Saturday, too busy staying away from the TV so I didn't watch some song contest by accident  :banghead:
Not exactly in the mood to watch it anyway as the new Doctor is too lively for my mood at the moment. I decided that I would start watching the boxed set of the original TV series of Mission Impossible only to find out that what I bought is not region compatible with any of the players I have  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
I decided to try one of the discs on the PC. Result!!! It played. Tomorrow I will be making sure that not only can I play the discs on my laptop, but that I can stream through my BIG TV. It's a bit of faff but if it works......

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Rat

Take things at your own pace. 
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Do your machines have the ability to be 'multi-zoned'?
I'm sure some enterprising individual has put a 'work-around' on the net somewhere...

Yeah, you were probably not paying too much attention to things - the day can be a bit of a blur, and you only catch the things you missed later on.

Gondor

Quote from: The Rat on May 13, 2024, 07:10:27 PMTake things at your own pace. 

That is exactly why I had today off work as a holiday, so I could unwind from yesterday.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on May 13, 2024, 11:50:14 PM
Quote from: The Rat on May 13, 2024, 07:10:27 PMTake things at your own pace. 

That is exactly why I had today off work as a holiday, so I could unwind from yesterday.

Gondor

Exactly the correct thing to do. I remember my dad's funeral some 32 years ago and I "kept it together" until the service was over and then needed a few minutes to myself by the lake at the cemetery/crematorium and can distinctly remember one of my mates (who all knew my dad) saying to another "no leave him Bob, give him a couple of minutes"

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I had planned to get a few things done today. Of course next to nothing went to plan. I did get my car booked into the garage I had bought it from back in November 22. I am unhappy with the work being carried out by the local Halfords Auto Centre. They think the front brakes only last a year and completely missed the rear brakes in the MOT at the start of last year and then said they were in a terrible condition a few months later when fixing the front brakes. So back to the previous place I used to go to. It's going to cost a minimum of £77 for them to check the brakes but I would rather spend that than get done over by who I have been taking the car to. So that was an accomplishment, followed by some shopping which ended up in my forgetting to pick up a prescription on my way out of the supermarket.
I have spent some considerable time trying to log into the Student Loan Company website. To enter details it say that you can enter either the customer reference number or email address. After several very frustrating attempts to gain access, complete with a temporary password and memorable word, the site didn't use a memorable word the last time I accessed the site, only to find that when I used my email address I was able to gain access. Why oh why give an option if only one works?
Another frustrating thing was that other than the excursion early this morning, I have stayed in waiting on a delivery that didn't turn up until after 6 pm after finding out that I had a twelve-hour time slot of 7 am to 7 pm for the delivery. So all the packing of boxes to go up into the loft has been delayed which in turn delays the tidying and reorganizing of my model room which in turn means I can't use the bench which I want to do to clear some of the backlog of part built kits and get my spray booth set up.
It really isn't my day today as I started to put together a laser-cut two-draw unit for the model bench by EBMA only to find that the bottle of PVA would not work through the nozzle. So out with a plastic dish and a cocktail stick and unscrew the lid.
I have certainly had better days

Gondor

kerick

Always something to get in the way of progress. I know how you feel. I never make a plan because it never lasts for more than a few minutes.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

"no plan survives contact with the enemy" the enemy being everyday life in this instance and Von Moltke certainly knew what he was saying when he did  :rolleyes:

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 15, 2024, 06:02:51 AM"no plan survives contact with the enemy" the enemy being everyday life in this instance and Von Moltke certainly knew what he was saying when he did  :rolleyes:

Or, as by Eisenhower, in a similar vein, "In planning for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gondor

Today has followed a similar trend to yesterday, no getting on with the model room. I did manage to pack two boxes yesterday evening, I will have to unpack them and then catalogue them as I try to remember how everything fitted inside  :-\

I received an email from the Royal Mail today saying that they tried to deliver a parcel to me today but they got no answer so they left the parcel with a neighbour at Number Six. Very nice of them other than the simple fact that I live at Number Six, so who did they deliver the parcel to  :o

Compounding that, when I arrived home I found a large black bag next to my door. I also noticed my cat asleep on a neighbour's doormat. I was sorting myself out with a bag for work, a shopping bag and my cat when the neighbour from number Four turned up with my parcel. It turns out that the black bag contained a bouquet of flowers from work.

All very nice etc other than the fact that I am not keen on flowers as I suffered very badly when I was a kid from Hayfeaver, put me right off the things. A card would have been better as far as I am concerned, but it's the thought that counts.

So with sorting out the flowers, a borrowed vase from a neighbour and sorting out a new collar for the cat, I keep spares as he likes to live semi-wild and the only types of fitting I can get are the safety clips that open if you sneeze near enough so he loses them regularly. He decided that he missed his human and insisted on snuggling so that was about an hour reclined on the sofa with him asleep on top of me. So bang has gone my plans for getting anywhere with the boxes I packed yesterday, there is always tomorrow.

Gondor

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on May 15, 2024, 12:12:50 PMSo bang has gone my plans for getting anywhere with the boxes I packed yesterday, there is always tomorrow.

Gondor

A very sensible attitude.  Try to adopt the outlook of an elderly chap I once met on South Uist in the Hebrides.  He told me to remember that "...........when the good Lord made time, He made several buckets of it to spare......."
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet