Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

You may find that missing part has joined a vast number of similar parts in the Van Spackman Belt, located just inside the Van Allen Belts at an altitude of some 8000 miles.

I'd be quick though, rumour has it that the Big H are about to launch a satellite to recover all such parts prior to setting up a 'Spare Parts Division' of the company............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Finding a giant stash of spares is the stuff of dreams..... :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I've come to the conclusion that the best way forward is to completely tidy up the model bench  :blink:

While having a poke around the detritus on the bench yesterday I found several items which I had no idea what I was going to use them for  :banghead:

As I told the girlfriend last night this will take some time as finding which box some of the parts came out of will likely take up most of the time. The end result will enable me to be less distracted by other parts on the bench and even allow me some more space which will be necessary to continue work on the Lancaster XL

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

I totally agree. Clutter is evil, and as far as I know it's a proven fact. Leads to more clutter, and then the brain drifts off in all directions....It also leads to the problems that you just mentioned. I wanted to finish a Chinook, but the cockpit is gone from one box, and where it is I have no idea !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

A short while ago I found the missing item from the G.91  :thumbsup:

It's attached so in a while I will repaint the underside as the colour scheme will be the same as my P.177R and as that needs another coat of paint so I can paint the G.91 at the same time  :thumbsup:

Once the painting is done I can then work on some tidying up as I can park the drying aircraft elsewhere to dry and out of the way of dust.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

kerick

Quote from: Gondor on January 26, 2015, 06:43:12 AM

Gondor

But were you looking for something else when you found it? ;)
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on January 26, 2015, 06:57:53 AM
Quote from: Gondor on January 26, 2015, 06:43:12 AM

Gondor

But were you looking for something else when you found it? ;)

Actually no, however I did find it somewhere that I had looked before and knew it had not been there previously  :banghead:

Gondor

kerick

Gremlins are playing tricks on you!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Yep. Gremlins. Only explanation. Or try getting a female to look for you. They always seem to find stuff we have hiden. I mean lost.

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 26, 2015, 01:42:21 PM
Yep. Gremlins. Only explanation. Or try getting a female to look for you. They always seem to find stuff we have hiden. I mean lost.

:wacko:

God NO!!!! that could be tantamount to having a stash reduction as well as my currant financial restriction on purchasing for the stash so that's not going to happen.

Besides, I am starting to enjoy the little rediscoveries I am having as I work through the pile of items on the desk. It's trying to work out what some of the items were put aside for that's baffling most of the time as well as thinking what I am going to do with my Revell Lancaster's now I have the new Airfix ones to build.  :blink:

Gondor

Captain Canada

I've got one Revell Lanc, and one each of the new Airfix kits. I've been thinking the same thing ! What to do.....maybe a RW RCAF SAR bird ? Or one of my stretched and flattened fantasies.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 27, 2015, 04:57:48 AM
I've got one Revell Lanc, and one each of the new Airfix kits. I've been thinking the same thing ! What to do.....maybe a RW RCAF SAR bird ? Or one of my stretched and flattened fantasies.....

:cheers:

RW RCAF SAR bird is one of the options in one of the Hasegawa kits I have  ;D

That's Four Hasegawa Lancaster's, Two Revell Lancaster's and Five of the new Airfix Lancaster's. I also have one of the Old Airfix Lancaster's that I intend to improve a bit with etched brass, vac-form canopy and the like. The rest of the older Lancaster's have mostly gone into the Mk XL in one form or other.

Maybe I should think of other operators, Egypt, Pakistan and Argentina.

Gondor

NARSES2

Pakistani Lancaster would be interesting. What would India have got/used ? Lancaster's, Fortress's , Liberators ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 27, 2015, 07:25:20 AM
Pakistani Lancaster would be interesting. What would India have got/used ? Lancaster's, Fortress's , Liberators ?

India sounds good other than the fact I don't have the correct roundels for immediate post separation.

Gondor

NARSES2

Only Indian roundels I know I have are from a Sea Hawk which are probably to small, let alone latter than you'd want
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.