Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Happy Newton Day  ;D

As I have not been doing Xmas this year as I have been alone this year, even the cat decided not to stay in for more than eight hours, I didn't receive anything model related. I did get an Amazon voucher from my paerants, bought a wallet for my rail tickets, the plastic ones give after a while, and a Tank Craft book on the Centurion Tank.

With the influx of Canberra Decals I did a stock take of what I have  :banghead: I apear to have a double and a tripple set so I could be persuaded to part with a set of one I have three copies of. Model Alliance International Canberra's, Bomber canopy, PtII which has markings for aircraft from South Africa, Venezuela and Ethiopia.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

So I have been sorting out parts for my next attempted build. The Prone Pilot Canberra named Pinocchio. I have come to the conclusion that my Carpet Monster has been hungry due to one half of the Prone Pilot cockpit being missing. I did have it loose I freely admit as I was playing around with the idea of doing a Prone Pilot F-104 to go with that aircraft being ZELL launched. As such the parts had been taped together to see how they would go together. The result led me to thinking that this was going to be a waste of time and would probably too subtle considering the shape of the nose of the F-104. Some time after that, one half of the cockpit fell off the place the parts were stored and has vanished!

I have spent considerable time removing all the boxes that were on the table on which the parts had been, double checked any boxes that were open and checked and checked again any that might have been open at the time. Under and behind the table have also been checked, Nothing, Nada, zilch!!
Good job I bought a second Prone Pilot kit and all the parts are still firmly attached to that one and they will only be separated from their sprue when the time comes for them to be assembled. The Prone Pilot sprue with the separated parts has been carefully put into the box of an Xtrakit Scimitar to eventually get fitted to that at some point in the future.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Old Wombat

Here's hoping you find the bit(s) before you need them! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2021, 09:19:24 PM
Here's hoping you find the bit(s) before you need them! :thumbsup:

I second that and actually believe you will find it.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Thanks guys, I am going to work on the principle that if I stop looking for the part that is missing it will then turn up  :rolleyes:

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on December 27, 2021, 04:53:12 AM
Thanks guys, I am going to work on the principle that if I stop looking for the part that is missing it will then turn up  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Normally works out that way  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Search for something completely unrelated and then it will turn up!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Better yet, buy another prone pilot Meteor kit and that will GUARANTEE that it'll turn up.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
Better yet, buy another prone pilot Meteor kit and that will GUARANTEE that it'll turn up.  ;D

I have two as it is. I am running out of ideas for the Meteor that comes with the Prone Pilot  :banghead:

Gondor

Steel Penguin

or if your feeling brave? foolish? inspired?  walk round the area barefoot, guaranteed to turn the parts up.   :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on December 27, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

I have two as it is. I am running out of ideas for the Meteor that comes with the Prone Pilot  :banghead:

A Beverley comes to mind straight away.............  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2021, 10:44:18 AM

A Beverly is not something you can turn a couple of Meteor F.8's into.

In the meantime I had a little bit of inspiration while trying to find something watchable on the TV. Hairy Bikers I usually enjoy but its a repeat from a few days ago! Already !!!
So, one area I had not looked, not quite bare feet on the floor, but have a look around away from the table even though I was convinced that the part would not have travelled any lateral distance. Well a whole two foot laterally with a change in elevation or roughly three and a half foot to boot!

The absconded parts was this.....

Not exactly small but rather vital, and yes I know the part is upside down in the picture, if it wasn't everyone would just see a conical shape and nothing of the cockpit opening. All the parts have now been placed into the relevant Canberra box now the missing part has been found hiding under some bubble wrap.

Gondor

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on December 27, 2021, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2021, 10:44:18 AM

A Beverly is not something you can turn a couple of Meteor F.8's into.

In the meantime I had a little bit of inspiration while trying to find something watchable on the TV. Hairy Bikers I usually enjoy but its a repeat from a few days ago! Already !!!
So, one area I had not looked, not quite bare feet on the floor, but have a look around away from the table even though I was convinced that the part would not have travelled any lateral distance. Well a whole two foot laterally with a change in elevation or roughly three and a half foot to boot!

The absconded parts was this.....

Not exactly small but rather vital, and yes I know the part is upside down in the picture, if it wasn't everyone would just see a conical shape and nothing of the cockpit opening. All the parts have now been placed into the relevant Canberra box now the missing part has been found hiding under some bubble wrap.

Gondor

Ha! Told ya!  ;D

Great news nevertheless. Nothing is so annoying as losing a vital part.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

It never ceases to amaze me where missing parts turn up! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Lost Cosmonauts

Model making dictionary

Bobbitt: verb, to lose a small but vital part and be later reunited with it
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"