Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yup I've got an A2 mat, but work area is probably A4 mainly down to built sub assemblies and paints currently in use  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

My work area was roughly A5 or A6 which is partly why I needed to clean everything up.

Initial plan for the weekend is to do some modelling on the AH-56, Pinocchio and to start or continue work on a Hunter or two in Tribute to Mike. When not doing that I intend to put more models into the loft to create more space for jigs,tools accessories and part built models so they don't overflow onto the modelling bench again.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Amazing what you find where looking through boxes and tubs. Just found an Odds & Ordinance Hunter Intakes set, unused  :wacko:

So add my using it as a guide/pattern to build my own as I started to do a few years ago and then got distracted a little  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

A frustrating evening. Been sorting out Hunter builds only to find that a two seat conversion by Odds & Ordnance was missing. I have found that now so the parts have been put into their selected kit box, there was and still is another two seat Hunter missing. Another two seat aircraft project I have needs an old Matchbox two seat option to form the basis for it's convertion. I had sorted this out but can't find the parts now  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't need anyone to send me  anything, the parts are here.... somewhere.

Next project once the modelling room is organised, roughly, is to catalogue all the conversions and accessories that I have and to label all the shelves as well so I can record where I put the darn things!

Gondor

zenrat

Good luck.
I've lost an Exocet.  I know I put it somewhere safe, but where...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

To be fair the interior of the Matchbox Hunter is non existent with really poor seats molded into the back of the cabin, it is only fit to be used as a guide to scratch build an interior which for what I want to do with it is good enough.

Gondor

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on January 22, 2022, 03:18:47 AM
Good luck.
I've lost an Exocet.  I know I put it somewhere safe, but where...

Argentina?  ;D

Gondor

Not much done this weekend, not really been in the mood to be particularly productive. I have managed to get my pc to show me words that it thinks I am typing which means that I can get the spelling better than I did previously, and it works regardless of which web page I am on. The only productive thing I have been up to is footaring around with Hunter's in an attempt to bring some order to those kit's I have.

Gondor

Gondor

One of the things I have been watching on You Tube is Jago Hazzard's channel. Lots of interesting little video's about london and the Underground. He does some beer reviews as well but I haven't watched any of them yet.

Gondor

Gondor

Mostly some good news!

I found the Hunter decals for the Institute of Aviation Medicine so if Young Nick want's his decals back I will send them at the weekend or I will find another use for them. Along with the decals were the front end of a Matchbox Two Seat Hunter cockpit which has already had some work carried out on it. Both the floor and back of the cockpit had been replaced with plasticard so I can use them as a basis for the work I was wanting to do with the other Matchbox Hunter I have. As I have bought an Xtrakit Hunter T.7 to replace the Matchbox two seat area and decals I have now found, the Matchbox parts can be reunited with the rest of the kit they came from, this could work well for another plan I have, just not sure who the operator should be though, possibly USAF in SEA scheme as a FAC perhaps?

Gondor

Nick

You can keep the decals, I'm sure you'll find a suitable project for them. Prone pilot Hunter?

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2022, 02:13:10 PM
You can keep the decals, I'm sure you'll find a suitable project for them. Prone pilot Hunter?

Nice idea, however the problem is that they were from different decades and I try to keep a lot of things as realistic as possible.

Gondor

Gondor

Kit asked about the Odds & Ordnance Hunter Intakes so rather than clutter up the Purchases page with details I decided to post them here.

1) Contents

2) Compressor Face

3) No Idea What this bit is called  :-\

4) Parts 2 & 3 together

5) Fuselage part

6) Section 4 & 5 together

7) Port wing with Insert

7A) Not a Monkeys song but the Port Wing and Insert from a different angle

And that is it.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Wow, that's a pretty complex set of parts, most impressive.

Thanks Alastair.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 27, 2022, 12:23:27 PM
Wow, that's a pretty complex set of parts, most impressive.

Thanks Alastair.  :thumbsup:

No problem Kit.

If your wanting to get hold of a set I wish you the best of luck. Campbell Patterson who Formed Odds And Ordnance had to give up a few years ago due to health problems and passed his brand to AllyCat who now has health problems and is no longer selling direct to the UK. If your in the UK you have to buy through Models For Sale where all the ranges under the Ally Cat umbreller come under AllyCat in the search.

Another option is to put blanking plated over the intakes  ;D

I just bought a set of Silver Cloud Surpersonic Hunter Conversion set on eBay, would have prefered to have bought a set through Colin but he is out of stock. This gives me two set's, one for a single seater and the other for a tandem two seater. I also have a set of Xtradecals on the way from eBay for trainer aircraft which may find their way onto the two seat supersonic aircraft.

Gondor