Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I did actually once find a video of the game being played. I will try to find it again as it was a whole episode

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on February 16, 2022, 01:19:03 PM
I did actually once find a video of the game being played. I will try to find it again as it was a whole episode

Gondor

Yes please!!

Finsbury Park, Kit.  That's a very astute move.     I shall riposte with a controversial gambit

Chalfont and Latimer!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Unable to find the video, there are two items in my Favourites list that are listed as unavailable so I am betting its one of them  :banghead:

Reading the stash additions earlier I saw Lee saying he has bought an Airfix N.A.39. That takes me back some fifty odd years to my owning one of those kits and deciding that I didn't like the see thgout engines. Because of that it was the first kit I tried to "detail/improve" by adding paper tubes made from paper and stuck together with Polystyrene Cement, which around that time I also found out would disolve Expanded Polystyrene block  :unsure:
The kit eventually ended up in the bin which one of my other builds didn't. I was contemplating converting the Airfix 1/72 Harrier kit into a two seat version and the time must have been around 1974? as I was using drawings from a model magazine which had not published them to 1/72 and I got my scaleing wrong and ended up with a seat that is somewhere between 1/72 and 1/48 and made out of bits of cerial box and the like. I have it somewhere as I found it while tidying up the model room recently, where I put it is another matter. If I find it again it's going in the display cabinet.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I have been working on some Hunters as a tribute to Mke McEnvoy only to find that I have either run out of or misplaced some plastic tubing I was using for them, so that's a delay while I await a restocking of replacement material which I beleive was in imperial sizeing and what I have on order is in metric  :-\
Oh well, there is still plenty for me to be getting on with.

Gondor

Gondor

Had a realisation this morning that I do not really need the tubingto do what I wanted to do. Hooray!!
Downside is that I have to resize the parts that were going into the tube and possibly come up with a way of ensuering the parts are not misaligned  :-\

Gondor

I bet some of you are wondering what on earth I am going on about  ;D

Gondor

Just put some more boxes from IKEA into the loft. That now makes a total of Thirty boxes with Four Hundred and One kits inside them. Total number of models that I have recorded is Nine Hundred and Sixty Five and I am sure that there are others that are not on the list so it could be nearer the Thousand.
As things are they don't take up much space, however if I actually build some of the bigger ones such as the B-52, B-36 and some of the KC-135's I start to run out of space quite quickly.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

And here i was thinking that 198 unbuilt kits is getting close to madness...  ;) ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

JayBee

There was me thinking that I am well behind some people, especially on this forum.
However :

Friday 11th February 2022
Kits : 460
Commenced Projects : 45
Other stuff, Kits with bits used elsewhere, Conversion kits, Weapons etc : Only the Gods know how many.

:thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on February 20, 2022, 02:45:40 AM...if I actually build some of the bigger ones such as the B-52, B-36 and some of the KC-135's I start to run out of space quite quickly.

My problem exactly!
(7 x C135/B707 clones, three A400Ms, two Concordes and one B52 in the StashTM)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on February 20, 2022, 07:50:10 AM
There was me thinking that I am well behind some people, especially on this forum.
However :

Friday 11th February 2022
Kits : 460
Commenced Projects : 45
Other stuff, Kits with bits used elsewhere, Conversion kits, Weapons etc : Only the Gods know how many.

:thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Commenced Projects : Unknown/Uncounted

I am getting the Other Stuff more organised though and I have some storage space available in the model room at the moment in which to organise the "Other Stuff" so that space will dissappear quickly.

Gondor

Gondor

So now I have more plastic tubing several builds can proceed although modification or rebuilding of part of what I have done so far will probably happen as I beleive what I was using before was an Imperial size and what I was able to get is Metric  :banghead:

Oh well, two steps forward and one step back  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor

Another step backwards today.

I was looking threw the sraws in a unit in the model room in an attempt to find some real photographs I took in the late 70's and 80's when I found that the middle of three draws had it's bottpm fall out  :unsure:
Things were not improved when I found that the front of the bottom draw was faling off as well  :rolleyes:
No chuckling at the back of the room....
I have at least twice attempted to repair these particular draws, the rest of the unit is great since I replaced the plastic shel supports with metal pins. I am not going to get rid of the unit as it's holding up thirty three kits and loads of magazines and other sundry items. I shall remove the draw sliders from the carcass and buy storage tubs to fit where the bottom two draws were. Only found one of the photographs I was looking for, going to have to search the deeper, darker corners of the flat I think to find them.

Gondor

Gondor

Been a busy busy day today. Tons of MOJO!!

Loads of progress on a couple of Hunter builds, so much so that the cockpit painting has been going on!

One of the builds is a Supersonic Hunter two seater with the intake interior from an Odds & Ordnance set shoe horned into the Freightdog tandem cockpit. Lots of grinding away at the resin for that and the wing roots which I got a little enthusiastic with a ended up with a hole between the intake and wheel well. :banghead:

The other build is a Hunter T.12. Had to get the grinding tool out for the inside of the fuselage sides so the cockpit would close up properly, it's done though so just the etch detail etc then I can fit the cockpit interior. Another Odds & Ordnance intake set will be used in the fuselage while I scratch the intakes with plastic card and filler.

I just wish the weather was a little windier today so I could stand outside and blow the resin dust away and clear my head.

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2022, 10:00:16 AM
Tons of MOJO!!

Quick! Bottle and sell it, you'll be a rich man by Tuesday
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit