Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on February 27, 2022, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2022, 10:00:16 AM
Tons of MOJO!!

Quick! Bottle and sell it, you'll be a rich man by Tuesday

But should I sell it by volume or weight?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Lost Cosmonauts

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on February 27, 2022, 11:48:33 AM
This chap seems to do it by volume

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTrCdFHTyx/

The package does not state a volume or weight.

Not a great morning. I was on my way to work, as you do when employed by a company, usually. Decided it was a bit cold so I went to zip up by BIG unfriendly weather coat only to find that the zip was not working properly. No time to fix it or to change to another coat which is just as well as I just checked and found that it was thrown out some time ago. So a couple of hours holiday were put for to take at the end of the day which meant I had about an hour of shopping time once I got back to town from work! I am now £55 pounds poorer but have a nice new coat that comes complete with a liner. I am so going to be confused where all the things I carry around, such as but pass/train pass and phone are as the pockets are different  :banghead:

Oh well, that's life

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Steel Penguin

smile in the fact that you have the pockets!    Mrs SP always bemond the fact that ladys coats useualy have 2 or 3  and she`s always needed more.....
as i joke i suggested a fishing jacket,  for u know .. all the pockets !!
so she bought one.   and now loses things as she cant remember, which is in what pocket.  ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 28, 2022, 11:58:51 AM
smile in the fact that you have the pockets!    Mrs SP always bemond the fact that ladys coats useualy have 2 or 3  and she`s always needed more.....
so she bought one.   and now loses things as she cant remember, which is in what pocket.  ;D

That was the problem when combat trousers were all the rage in the mid-90s. You could be patting yourself down and trying umpteen pockets in increasing panic for ages before finding your wallet
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

scooter

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on February 28, 2022, 12:01:35 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 28, 2022, 11:58:51 AM

That was the problem when combat trousers were all the rage in the mid-90s. You could be patting yourself down and trying umpteen pockets in increasing panic for ages before finding your wallet

Been there, done that.  Usually walking into the office when raining, and desperately searching for my ID and access badge in the hi viz EMS jacket I used to wear in inclement weather
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on February 28, 2022, 12:01:35 PM

Must admit I wear "cargo's" as standard, simply because of the extra pockets  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I always wear a multi-pocketed jacket for the same reason, different weights depending on the season. Over time the umpteen pockets bulge more and more, and usually resulted in the late Mrs_PR19 describing the jackets as 'Your handbag'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 12:28:42 AM
I always wear a multi-pocketed jacket for the same reason, different weights depending on the season. Over time the umpteen pockets bulge more and more, and usually resulted in the late Mrs_PR19 describing the jackets as 'Your handbag'.  ;D

Yea, but yours is a "poachers" jacket/waistcoat Kit  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

It is?  :-\

I didn't know that............  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 06:24:41 AM
It is?  :-\

I didn't know that............  :o

Yup, although gamekeepers also wear them  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Haveing recently taken ownership of a 1/144 Handley Page Hastings C.1 I am starting to wonder if there are any 1/144 air droppable Land Rovers to sling under it

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Try the railway accessories people? Sure there should be some for the smaller gauge railways?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

IIRC Oxford Diecast do a Landie in UK N Gauge, which is 1/148 scale, pretty darn close.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Thanks for those ideas guys.

Something that I am wanting to get at the moment but finding is a real chore as I have not found anything specific in any search I have done.

I am wanting to get some 1/72 instrument faces as decals. I know such things are available in larger scales, again finding such things is not as easy as national markings for an aircraft, I am sure though that this comunity can point me in the right direction.

On another note, I got a message from Hannants saying that the new KP Tempest II was in stock

Gondor