Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Hope all is well - or easily rectified - with the tests.  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 17, 2022, 07:02:51 PM
Hope all is well - or easily rectified - with the tests.  :thumbsup:

Same here.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Some good news for a change. I had an appointment at the local eye clinic today, was a little disappointed that they were running roughly half an hour late, more time to watch the female nusres that passed me though so not to bad  :lol:
I am now on the waiting list for my left eye to be operated on. As I was seen earlier today I am not expecting an apointment soon, the main thing is that it has been confirmed that I have cataracts and surgery is to be done which is the main thing. Now the wait.
Tomorrow is a late start to my day as I have to give blood samples at 9:10am. The bad news is that I am normally at work an hour and twenty minuites earlier than that and I only get two hoours credit for the appointment so I will have to make up time somehow. This means wither working later than normal or takeing holiday time to cover the difference. I will know by the end of tomorrow how much time I have to make up and then will work it oout from there.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Getting very close to closing up the fuselage of a Revell BAe Hawk kit, with the Freightdog T2 conversion, and I thought about nose weight. Scoured the instructions and didn't find anything about nose weight at all!

Anyone got any suggestions or should I just wing it with balancing on the finger?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Pellson

I'm pretty sure you're more able to wing that more efficiently than most of us.  ;)

Good news about the operation.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Had blood samples taken this morning to see if anything can be found for the breathing problem. Got to the Dr's no problem and as I left saw the bus disappear into the distance so a nice long walk to the town centre to find I would miss the next train to work and the one after that was in another hours time.
Nice day, no point travelling roughly the same amount of time to and from work for about the same amount of time at work so I phone in and took the rest of the day off.
If I had the car it would have been no problem to get to work  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor

Well after all the palaver yesterday, just before 4pm today I got a phone call from a private number which is usually the local NHS. Answering my mobile proved to be slightly problematic as I had been listening to music on the works laptop via a pair of Bluetooth headphones which had also automatically connected to my mobile so I could not hear the person on the other end for a moment.

Apparently my blood is a dunce. It failed the blood test  :banghead:

So I have to organise a resit  :rolleyes:

Modelling wise yesterday was a bit of a success. Weight has been added to the front of two Hawk models. I found that I has some sheet lead, several millilitres thick so I have cut some of that up and tried to cram as much of it as far forward as possible as the Freightdog T2 conversion set defiantly makes the aircraft tail heavy and of course the nearer you get to the tipping point the less effect the weight has, this may yet end up a tail sitter regardless how much lead I put inside her, that or the undercarriage will collapse from the weight.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

You have to wonder, if it's still going to tail-sit no matter how much weight you put in, whether it's better to remove it all, in order to avoid any future landing gear problems.

Though digging it out could be a mission...

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 22, 2022, 03:02:05 AM

Though digging it out could be a mission...

Very much so, especially as two of the four conversion sets I have are glued into fuselage halfs and one of those has the second side glued on as well.

On a medical note, I was about to phone my Doctors to book the re-sit only for them to phone me. Apparently I am pre-diabetic  :unsure:

The practice nurse, though I would prefer a professional one, will be phoning me next Friday afternoon to discuss what this all means. The blood sampling was also booked at the time so I get to finish work early two days next week, all legal too  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

Further work on the Hawks has been carried out. I have painted the intakes. Bad move though as I had assembled them first  :banghead:
Another one of these kits I have sort of started has not had the intakes glued together and I can assure everyone watching that painting the insides of the intakes is far easier before they are removed from the sprue/tree/runner and glued together.
Once I am happy with the paint finish I will make card blanks for the inside end of the intakes as they are see through, then glue them to the fuselage and add some more weight behind the intakes inside the fuselage and hope it's enough.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Hope you can avoid getting diabetes.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on April 22, 2022, 07:08:41 AM
Apparently I am pre-diabetic  :unsure:

The practice nurse, though I would prefer a professional one, will be phoning me next Friday afternoon to discuss what this all means.

Gondor

Been there and providing you take note of what's said and do what your told I found it relatively easy to deal with  :thumbsup: Indeed after 6/7 years medication I'm back down to what they consider is a pre-diabetic condition again. Quite unusual or so I'm told.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I will see what she says.

Gondor