Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just found out that the windscreen for one of my Hawks is distorted, thankfully one of the other ones is ok so that is getting used instead. Good job I decided not to finnish the all Black Hawk at the moment.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

So far not so bad

As the saying goes, "It's getting there".

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

JayBee

Looking good Alistair. That is realy becoming a "State of the Art" Hawk/Hunter.

:thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

DogfighterZen

Hawk's looking good indeed! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Thanks guys.

Still got a whole bunch of work to do on it. The Hunters are on hold after I had problems with one of them.

Gondor

Dizzyfugu

The extended tailpipe is a nice detail.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2022, 03:42:55 AM
The extended tailpipe is a nice detail.  :thumbsup:

It reminded me of the extended tailpipe that the Israeli's put on their A-4's which is what med me do this one in Israeli markings, or it will be by Saturday.

Gondor

Gondor

Ten paintbrushes were drying at one point today, then I needed to do some more fiddly painting. Wheels, five of them are going to set their second side painted later. Half a prop boss is going to be painted Red and some practice bombs are going to be painted blue.
I should paint the Pitot probe which I scratch built out of Brass tubing and there is an open end to the thinnest part of it but you need something that is 0.1mm or smaller in diameter to try to see if it's there or not, so that needs to be painted steel or something similar.
Having problems with the main canopy. It appears to be a little short so I will be fitting a plastic card spacer to deal with that problem. I am thinking that tomorrow I shall start applying decals.

Gondor

Gondor

EDIT: The Carpet Monster has clained it's first victim. The fuel dump pipe for the Hawk so I am attempting to scratch build one which may get left off. I found the part on the cutting mat so it was attached as quickly as I could, fortunatly the glue I had put on the model for it had not fully dried.

Nose undercarriage is now in place as is one of the main wheels, the other needs the hub touched up as the Tire black ran onto it.

Note to self, Don't try writing Hebrew in 1/72 again  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor

Next time I build the new Airfix Tempest I am assembling the undercarriage before I paint the wheel well bays as those retraction links are horrendously difficult to fit! I ended up cutting the mounting blocks off them and fitting them against the undercarriage leg and "where it touched" in the bay  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor

Almost finished the two new models for shows. The mix and match Tempest F.6 just needs a couple of touch ups carried out and the propeller assembly fitted and that's it! I have a few things to add to other peoples comments about the out of registration decals by KP, the box instructions for the decals do not match the size of the decals, the sheet is also numbered for each item which is no help as there is nothing against which to chect these numbers  :unsure:
The Hawk needs a coat of Matt Varnish then the fuel tanks and other stores fitted along with the nose undercarriage doors and that's it done as well!
I may even be able to get a few pictures taken before they are packed away tomorrow morning for transportation!
This is way too organised and on time for me, I clearly remember stopping this...

at 2am on the morning of the show that I took it to! But that was roughly twelve years ago and I remember someone passing the SIG stand saying he remembered them being in service.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

That Tempest is an absolute BEAST!!!  :wub:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 13, 2022, 10:13:39 AM
That Tempest is an absolute BEAST!!!  :wub:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If your talking about this

That is an F-40Rn based on a Pegasus P-40Q

This is the Tempest

The base kit is the Airfix Mk.V with a Freightdog Mk.VI conversion set, with main wheels and decals from a KP F.6 kit

Gondor

Gondor

Last little touches added to the Hawk after finding out earlier that I had missed some areas of the airframe with the Matt varnish, well it's difficult to tell that if a wet Matt varnish has covered a semi-gloss surface.

Just needs to be packed away in the morning along with all the other models going to the show which includes the Tempest F.6

Gondor

Pellson

Love the Hawk in particular. Great work there, Alastair.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!