Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 06, 2022, 01:21:38 PM
Copious quantities of rum.  When mixed with painkillers, you shouldn't feel anything for a few days.  Trust me, it works.

Whisky would probably  have the same effect.   If you can't take alcohol, sucking a clove or two around the sore tooth has been known to work.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

It does for a while, crunching on a paracetamol also works, but if you're going to have a headache, a hangover is as good a reason as any.
"Bring me more booze!"
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 08, 2022, 09:43:51 AM
It does for a while, crunching on a paracetamol also works, but if you're going to have a headache, a hangover is as good a reason as any.
"Bring me more booze!"

That sounds reasonable to me!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Home from the Falkirk Comunity Hospital which has no reception desk at all, no one to tell me where to go and no one to take an LFT either. Apparently I home test is ok to do as the letter telling me to get one at the hospital was out of date. I would have thought they would have preferred it checked by themselfs so they know it's correct and not made up.
Anyway, the hospital visit was a success as far as the surgeon was concerned. I have eye drops to take several times a day starting tomorrow and also try not to rub my eye which at times is a bit difficult but I am manageing. Roughly two months time the other eye will be done.
Only one weeks sick line but I can and will ask my Dr for a second week when the time comes. Better safe than sorry and also means I miss a couple of train drivers strikes as well I think.
So it will be half stram ahead, only one good eye at the moment, for the One Week Group Build  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

I'm feeling slightly frustrated at the moment. Not just from the new eye being slightly foggy at the moment but from model makeing as well.
Earlier today I made an order with Hannants, roughly twenty minutes later I get notification that an item had just come into stock  :banghead:
These days you can't phone them up and say can you add that to the same order. It will keep anyway and as it's a decal sheet that is not imediatly required it's no problem to leave for now.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Just found out that the old pair of Kitchen scissors that I use for cutting plastic sheet will also cut the Lead I have and roughly 2.4mm thick. No more sawing for me!  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

Watched the highlights of the cricket on BBC2 this evening while waiting for DIY SOS to start on BBC1, I also wanted to avoid the program on BBC1 before DIY SOS too. One heck of a performance by England against New Zealand and one hell of a score that New Zealand had them chase too so no shame on them either. First Cricket I have watched for ages

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 14, 2022, 01:17:14 PM
Watched the highlights of the cricket on BBC2 this evening while waiting for DIY SOS to start on BBC1, I also wanted to avoid the program on BBC1 before DIY SOS too. One heck of a performance by England against New Zealand and one hell of a score that New Zealand had them chase too so no shame on them either. First Cricket I have watched for ages

Gondor

The thing I think I enjoyed most about the cricket was the attitude of both sides. They both wanted to win, but there was still a great spirit between them, with lots of smiles even when they were trying to take each other's heads off  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The only thing more boring than cricket is golf.  Even watching paint dry is more exciting. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 15, 2022, 04:45:41 AM

Even watching paint dry is more exciting.

Oh yes, watching some Xtracolor gloss dry keeps me enthralled for MONTHS!

Maybe years...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Well things are really going great for me. Not done any modelling yet today as I have been catching up with a few items on the computer and going into town and back several times. First trip out today was to the dentist as where I had an extraction at the start of last week has become infected, complete with puss according to the dentist I saw today. So a course of antibiotics is called for and has been started. Later I got an email saying that a repeat prescription I had asked for was ready to be picked up. Starting to think that this is a wasted day as far as modelling is going.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

It's called dry socket and can be even more painful than the original access. Been there twice and it's very painful.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

I didn't have the absces in the first place Lee.

Gondor

Gondor

Off for another week after speaking to a Doctor. I say that as I am not worried if I see the same Doctor all the time or not. Part of the reasoning behind getting the second week off after the eye op was that some of the drops need to be kept refrigerated and it takes me two hours to get to work at present using public transport rather than the forty five minutes it took in my car, yay public transport. [/sarky mode off]

Not sure that I will finish even one of the three models I started for the OWGB but I intend to get all three finished by the time I go back to work.

Gondor

Gondor

So I have had a leaky cold water tap for the sink in the bathroom recently and today the plumber came to call, not quite as bad as Flanders and Swan made out, or was that the Gas Man?  :-\

Anyway, everything went well including fitting taps I had bought and wanted fitted at some point and my landlords agreed for my taps simply replacing the faulty ones  :drink:

I like this style of tap and also have a mixer version for the bath which will get fitted at some point.

There was a problem with the young guy who actually did the work accidentally removed the chain for the plug from it's shackle on the sink. He of course tried to fob it off but I was rather vocal about the fact it had been attached when I had used it last, which is was. The slightly older plumber then crimped the holder together with the chain slipped through it so the chain exited from the side rather than the end, oh and it's one of those ball chains rather than a link chain.

Five minutes and two different sets of pliers, one a pair for fine work and the other with teeth and a wider maw and I have an almost good as new plug  :thumbsup:

Gondor