Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I shall be thinking of you & you eye test results on my birthday, Gondor! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Just placed an order for a couple of Railway models and some paint from Upstairs Downstairs as well an getting an Airfix Harrow steam engine ordered from eBay. That will be painted in Caledonian Blue and probably called Fettes although I am looking through the SCiS for possible alternatives such as Gordonstoun, this being a favourite for second place or another in the class  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Decided to throw caution to the wind and enter another couple of builds to the LHC Group Build. These two are almost OOB builds other than markings and a change of armament.
Tempting fate by doing so I suppose as my success rate for completing any builds inside any deadline is poor. I can but try though  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on July 01, 2022, 09:03:53 AM
Just placed an order for a couple of Railway models and some paint from Upstairs Downstairs as well an getting an Airfix Harrow steam engine ordered from eBay. That will be painted in Caledonian Blue and probably called Fettes although I am looking through the SCiS for possible alternatives such as Gordonstoun, this being a favourite for second place or another in the class  :rolleyes:

Gondor

The Harrow arrived today  :thumbsup:  and at the moment I am getting a good feeling about them. This will probably change when I try to put all the running gear together  :-\

Gondor

Gondor

Nothing much happening as I have come down with some lurgy. If I have the motivation and energy then I will do a Lateral Flow Test just to be sure or to act as a method of elimination because I will be phoning the Dr's tomorrow. What I have feels kind of chesty which goes along with the sore throat and occasional cough so I doubt its covid. Saying that, colds and flue etc are all SARS.  :-\

Gondor the pestilent

Gondor

Well I recently, within the last hour taken my test which was positive  :banghead:

So that's me off work again for the best part of this week or until I feel better.  :-\

Gondor

zenrat

That sucks.  Hope its very very mild.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2022, 03:20:12 AM

Very much so. All the best mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2022, 05:31:22 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2022, 03:20:12 AM

Very much so. All the best mate

Thirded. Best wishes.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Day Three:

Not as bad as the last time I had the bug which is probably due to taking every vaccination that I was offered. Been needing to take naps in the afternoon, might also be age related at just over sixty one and a half, but more likely my body wanting to recuperate after a hard morning reading posting on here and watching youTube videos. Manageing to catch up on Jago Hazzard's videos, now less than eighty to go and usually around six or seven minutes long.
Lost enthusiasm to do much other than the above so have found myself reclined on my sofa watching Wimbledon in the evenings. Very glad I had my cataract operation a month ago as I can now read all the captions they put up on the screen without going halfway between the sofa and television to read them, by which time they dissappear.

Gondor

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 01:31:25 AM
Been needing to take naps in the afternoon, might also be age related at just over sixty one and a half, but more likely my body wanting to recuperate after a hard morning reading posting on here and watching youTube videos.

Naps are always a good thing.  And it's not age related, as I too at (near enough to) 50 enjoy them on my remote work days.

Now, if I could just figure out how to make that happen on my 3 days in the office as well :rolleyes: :angel: :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

The trick with naps is to not let them go on for too long or you a) feel crap when you wake up and ii) have trouble sleeping at night.
When I was working 6am to 10am sorting mail I used to have a 45 minute nap when I got home.
I'd set an alarm and i'd get undressed and get into bed (something I read Winston Churchill recommended when napping).

As for napping in the office.  George Kastanza had a trick for doing that...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Napping at work is a possibility for me as I work by myself in a darkened room and am usually left all alone. Only thing is I can snore quite loudly, haveing worken myself a couple of times over the years.

Gondor

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2022, 03:42:53 AM
The trick with naps is to not let them go on for too long or you a) feel crap when you wake up and ii) have trouble sleeping at night.
When I was working 6am to 10am sorting mail I used to have a 45 minute nap when I got home.
I'd set an alarm and i'd get undressed and get into bed (something I read Winston Churchill recommended when napping).

As for napping in the office.  George Kastanza had a trick for doing that...

He had his own office though, and wasn't in a cube farm.

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 03:53:41 AM
Napping at work is a possibility for me as I work by myself in a darkened room and am usually left all alone. Only thing is I can snore quite loudly, haveing worken myself a couple of times over the years.

Gondor

When I was a Federal technician with the Air Guard, I'd slip into the radio maintenance bay and close the door for a few extra winks.  It was key access, pitch black with the lights off, and the antistatic mats were brand new and really comfortable.  In hindsight, I probably should have put a "Laser testing in progress" sign on the door. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Quote from: scooter on July 06, 2022, 04:12:57 AM

When I was a Federal technician with the Air Guard, I'd slip into the radio maintenance bay and close the door for a few extra winks.  It was key access, pitch black with the lights off, and the antistatic mats were brand new and really comfortable.  In hindsight, I probably should have put a "Laser testing in progress" sign on the door. :wacko:

Unfortunately I only use a High Powered Lamp and not a Laser which would keep more people out of the way, I don't normally get anyone looking for me anyway, not even though how I take my morning coffee break with and whom I let know that it's break time!

Gondor